吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第70期:心脏是你自己的
日期:2012-07-05 06:59

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

影视片花:

台词欣赏:

Ignacio:Hey. Good morning to you, too.

嘿 你也早上好

Betty:You know what the doctor said.

你知道医生说什么了吗

Ignacio:You already threw away my cigars.

你已经扔掉了我的雪茄了

One lousy cup of coffee.

只是一小杯咖啡

Betty:Oh, I'm sorry.

哦 抱歉

Have you been going to medical school on your lunch hour?

你曾在午餐时间去护校学习过吗

Dad, you have to take this more seriously.

爸 你得严肃点对待这个问题

This is your heart.

是你自己的心脏

Have you taken your pill?

吃过药了吗

Ignacio:I only get few left.

就只剩下几片了

I'm trying to make them last.

我想省着点

Betty:Dad, take it. We'll get a refill.

我们再去买

Ignacio:All right, I'm taking it, I'm taking it.

好吧 我吃 我吃

Betty:You know, I actually think I'm making some headway on this H.M.O. thing.

我觉得我在卫生维护组织的问题上有些进展了

I finally got a real person on the phone yesterday instead of some stupid recording.

我昨天终于找到人工客服而不是愚蠢的电话录音了

Ignacio:I had to wash it down with something.

我得喝点东西把药冲下去

重点讲解

1. throw away: 扔掉,抛弃

Eg. It would be a thousand pities to throw away such a chance of fun.

白白放过这个有趣的机会,那真是太可惜了。

Eg. Don't throw away your advantages.

不要放弃你的有利条件。

Eg. Oh, what a fool she was to waste her life, to throw away her chance of happiness.

啊,她这样浪费生命,抛开幸福的机运,是多么愚蠢!

Eg. Please tear up and throw away the invoice with the mistake.

请把错误的发货单撕掉丢了。

Eg. Throw away your old clothes, keep up to date!

把你的旧衣服扔了吧,穿些时兴的!

2.take sth seriously: 认真对待

Eg. Pleas take your work seriously for you will be fired.

请认真对待你的工作,否则你会被炒鱿鱼的。

Eg. Please take your homework seriously or you cannot get through the exam.

请认真对待你的学习,否则你通不过考试的。

3.make headway: 取得进步,取得进展

Eg. How can you expect to make headway if you don't work hard?

你不下苦功,怎么能有进步呢?

Eg. We cannot make headway in the countryside unless we perform this task.

这个任务如果不解决,我们在农村中就不能前进。

Eg. Cayley was the first to make headway with this problem.

Cayley是第一个在这个问题上取得进展的人。

Eg. Using the latest bridge building technology, Strauss and his team started to make headway.

运用最新的建桥技术,斯特劳斯和他的队伍取得了进展。

3.on the phone: 电话中

Eg. I didn't recognise your voice on the phone.

在电话里我没听出你的声音。

Eg. Sorry, Mr. Green can't see you now. He's on the phone.

对不起,格林先生现在不能见您。他在打电话。

Eg. Ann, you are wanted on the phone.

安,有人叫你听电话。

Eg. She was fired for spending too much time on the phone.

她因打电话用的时间过多而被解雇了。

4. instead of: 代替

Eg. The economy is shrinking instead of growing.

经济正在萎缩而不是在增长中。

Eg. The shopkeeper gave us short weight: we got 7.5 kilos instead of 10 kilos.

店主给我们的分量不足: 应该10公斤我们只得到7.5公斤。

Eg. There is a growing tendency for people to work at home instead of in offices.

人们在家里而不是在办公室里工作的趋势日益增长。

5.wash down: 冲下去

Eg. He drank a cup of cooler tea to wash down his meal.

他喝了一杯凉茶把食物冲了下去。

Eg. I took two aspirins, I went into the bathroom to wash them down.

我拿了两片阿斯匹林,进入浴室,把药片吞服下去。

Eg. The bus is so dirty and you have to wash down the bus right away.

这公交车太脏了,你必须冲洗公共汽车了。

6.take pills: 吃药

分享到
重点单词
  • performv. 执行,运转,举行,表演
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • tendencyn. 趋势,倾向
  • headwayn. 前进,航行速度,进展,(前后两车间的)车间时距
  • recordingn. 录音 动词record的现在分词