(单词翻译:单击)
美剧时间
特别声明:
该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处:
本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第7集。
影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Ooh, a bikini. How fresh.
一件比基尼 真新鲜
We'll set the fashion world on fire with this.
我们要用这个把时尚界点燃
And this one doesn't know what it wants to be.
但这件又是干嘛用的
It's the Anne Heche of swimwear.
这是安妮·海切的泳衣
Get rid of all of them. I want new options.
把这些全部都扔掉 给我换点新的
Has one thing gone right today?
今天有事情是顺利的吗
Ou found a wrangler for the models.
我们找了个牛仔来管模特
And they're terrified of her.
模特们都很怕她
The locals say she caught a shark with her bare hands.
本地人说 她曾赤手空拳抓住了鲨鱼
Breaking news! Fashion alert!
最新消息 时尚警报
Hover over the shoulder of the photographer.
好好整整那个摄影师
His confidence is bugging me.
他自负得惹人怒
Thank you. Thank you so much.
谢谢你 太谢谢你们了
It is with humble gratitude that I announce my new position as editor-in-chief of Isabella magazine.
怀着无比感激的心情 我宣布我的新职位是Isabella杂志的总编辑
Penelope Graybridge.
Penelope Graybridge。
And I couldn't have done any of it without my beautiful daughter and my husband.
如果没有我可爱的女儿和丈夫的支持 我不可能成就这一切
How could a girl get so lucky?
简直难以相信我如此幸运
Hi, Amanda. Betty. What are you doing here?
嗨 Amanda Betty 你在这里干嘛
Wilhelmina asked me to come. You seem alarmed to see me.
Wilhelmina让我来的 看到我 你好像很惊慌呀
No, I don't. Really? Are you sure?
不 我没有 是吗 你确定吗
Because I'm giving you the chance to be upfront about whether or not,
我在给你一个机会预先告诉我
you might be dating a certain guy that we both know.
你是否在和一个我们都认识的男人约会
We're talking about Matt, right?
我们说的是Matt 对吧
Yes. Amanda. Amanda, come on. Let's just talk about this.
对 Amanda Amanda 别这样 我们来谈谈
重点讲解
1. set on fire:使燃烧,激发起
A spark set the woods on fire.
一点火星使整座森林烧了起来。
Linda once set the world on fire with her singing.
琳达一度以唱歌闻名于世。
With his ability and a little energy he could have set the Thames on fire.
用他的才干再加上一点干劲,他原本可以干出一番惊天动地的大事来。
Stick together and you're sure to achieve what will set the world on fire.
你们团结一致,一定能取得轰动全世界的辉煌成就。
2. get rid of:除去
He hoped in this way to get rid of the troublesome prisoner.
他指望这样除掉这个讨厌的囚犯。
We'll have to get rid of him for he never does a stroke.
我们得把他弄走——他什麽活儿都不干。
3. go right:成功地,顺利地,按预定计划进行地
Nothing seems to go right with him.
他似乎干什么事都不顺心。
Everything will go right with you if you follow doctor's advice.
如果你照医生的建议去做,一切都会好的。
4. terrified of:对......害怕
She was terrified of being killed in an air raid.
她害怕空袭时会被炸死。
I'm terrified of flying I'd rather go by sea.
我害怕坐飞机——我宁愿坐船。
5. breaking news:最新消息,突发消息
Magazines stepped back from the breaking news and offered perspective.
杂志则从一定的深度来透视这些热点事件。
The prize for breaking news recognizes work done as an event happens.
该奖项专门为突发事件后所做的报道工作而设立。