吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第76期:父母总有偏爱
日期:2012-07-17 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

台词欣赏:

Hilda:Good morning! Justin, you are not gonna make me late today! What time did you get in last night?

早上好Justin 今天你可别让我迟到昨天晚上你什么时候回来的

Betty:I don't even remember. Daniel's going through a bunch of stuff with his father.

我自己都不记得Daniel和他爸爸之间有不少问题

Hilda:Justin! What?

Justin怎么了

Betty:Hilda, do you ever think about dad and us and, you know, if he has a favorite?

Hilda 你有没有想过在我们中间爸爸他有比较偏爱的孩子

Hilda:Yeah, I think so.

有啊

Betty:You.

Hilda:You. Come on, you're right up there between Tito Puente and his nose hair clippers.

是你 得了吧 对他来说你就是捧在手里怕碎了 含在嘴里怕化了

I am gonna kill that kid. Morning, papi.

我要杀了那小子 早上好 爸爸

Ignacio:You didn't get in till 3:00 last night. Why they keeping so late?

你昨晚凌晨3点才回来的 他们干吗留你到这么晚

Betty:Well, my boss is trying to make some changes at the magazine, and I still have to go through these photographers' books

我老板正试着对杂志做些改变我得看完那些摄影作品集

Ignacio:Well, they're working you too hard. You tell 'em you want a raise.

他们给你派的活太重了 告诉我你是不是想升职

Betty:Okay, dad.

好了 爸爸

Ignacio:Vincent Bianchi?

Vincent Bianchi?

Betty:Yeah, he's really amazing.

没错 他实在是太厉害了

Ignacio:So he ended up making it as a photographer, huh? Damn, I always thought that kid would end up in jail.

这么说他成了摄影师 真糟糕 我一直认为那小子会进监狱

Betty:What are you talking about?

你在说什么啊

Ignacio:Vinnie Bianchihe, grew up over on Grand. His family owns Astoria Lemon Ice.

Vinnie Bianchi含着金汤匙出生的家伙 他们家是开Astoria冰柠檬茶店的

Betty:He grew up four blocks from here?

他以前就住四个街区外

Ignacio:Yeah, his old man's always going on about his kid's pictures. He's got a bunch of 'em hanging up on the wall in there.

是啊 他老子总是对那小子拍的照片 跟人唠叨个没完他在那儿整整挂了一墙的照片

Betty:Dad, I have to go. Um, I love you.

爸爸 我得走了 我爱你

Ignacio:I love you, too.

我也爱你

Hila:Put down the coffee!

把咖啡放下

重点讲解

get in: 进来,回来

He took the entrance exam but didn't get in.

他参加了入学考试但未被录取。

go through: 经历,存在

He's amazingly cheerful considering all that he's been through.

鉴於他经历过的种种遭遇,他的乐天达观令人惊叹。

a bunch of: 很多

He goes round with a bunch of thugs.

他经常和一帮流氓厮混。

think about: 想过,考虑过

The time is approaching when we must think about buying a new house.

我们要想一想买新房子的事了,时机即将来临。

end up: 最终

If he carries on driving like that, he'll end up dead.

他照这样开车,早晚得死于非命。

talk about: 谈论

I never talk about gossip.

我从不传播流言蜚语。

grow up: 长大

At 18, he's still rather frivolous and needs to grow up.

他到了十八岁仍然很不懂事,很不成熟。

hang up: 挂

Margaret never failed first to take off her make-up and hang up the clothes she had stepped out of.

玛格丽特从不忘记取下化妆品,把脱下的衣服挂整齐。

put down: 放下

Put down that knife before you hurt somebody!

把那刀子放下,以免伤人!

分享到
重点单词
  • photographern. 摄影师
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • frivolousadj. 轻佻的,妄动的,琐碎的 adj. 无足轻重的
  • cheerfuladj. 高兴的,快乐的
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱