吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第159期:阿曼达来电致歉
日期:2013-03-26 16:26

(单词翻译:单击)

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花

台词欣赏

What do you want, Amanda? Betty, please don't hang up.

你想怎样 阿曼达 贝蒂 别挂电话

I feel so bad about what happened.

之前的事 我觉得糟透了

Yeah, so do I.

我也是

I just thought you'd have a better chance at a love connection if we placed an ad for your special needs.

如果把你的要求做成广告 相亲时就更容易成功

Please don't be mad at me.
请不要生我的气

I'm not mad.

我不是生气

I know that in your own warped, potentially life-threatening way, you're just trying to be a good friend.

我了解你只是以扭曲威胁恐吓的方式试着成为好朋友

Yeah. Totally.

没错 绝对

Hey, that guy Andy left his number if you want to give him a call.

安迪那家伙留了电话 你愿意打给他吗

I'm not interested. I decided I'm not going.

没兴趣 我决定不去了

Really?

真的

Mm-hmm. look, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later.

嗯 挂了 稍后打给你

重点讲解

第一、词汇学习

1. warp vt. 有偏见, 受曲解, 反常

e.g. His mind is warped humor.

他的思想反常。

e.g. Histories are often warped by biases.

历史常为偏见所曲解。

2. potentially adv. 潜在地

e.g. Many household products are potentially harmful.

很多家用产品有潜在的害处。

e.g. I am facing a potentially very expensive divorce.

我可能要面对一场很昂贵的离婚。

3. threatening:威胁的

e.g I heard form a threatening letters.

我收到了一封威胁信。

e.g. The house seemed less threatening in the cold light today.

第二、短语学习

1. hang up:挂断

e.g. He said he'd call again, and hung up on me.

他说他会再打过来,就突然挂断了电话。

e.g. I am sorry I have to hang up now.Someone is knocking at the door.

对不起,我得挂电话了,有人敲门。

2. feel bad about:对......过意不去

e.g. I feel bad about losing your dictionary.

我很抱歉把你的字典丢失了。

e.g. I feel bad about the mistake, but do you have rub it in?

我很为这个错误难过,但你非得一遍又一遍地讲起它吗?

3. have a chance:有机会

e.g. I'm very happy to have a chance to visit your school.

我很高兴有机会到你校参观。

e.g. It's so nice at the weekends to have a chance to lie in.

在周末有机会睡懒觉真是太好了。

4. be mad at:对......生气(恼火)

e.g. She used to get mad at me because I always turned in my assignments late.

她很气我因为我总是迟交作业。

e.g. I was rather mad at missing my train.

我没赶上火车,气极了。

5. give him a call:打电话给某人

e.g. I'll give him a call from the phone booth on the corner.

我到街角的电话亭给他打个电话。

e.g. Tell him to give me a call when he returns .

他回来时告诉他给我打个电话。

附:其他短语

1. a love connection:相亲

2. special needs:特殊需求

第三、语法点拨

Yeah, so do I.

点拨:这是倒装句。结构是so+助动词+主语。这句话以so开头,do是助动词,I是主语。

分享到
重点单词
  • potentiallyadv. 潜在地
  • warpn. 弯,歪曲,乖僻 vt. 弄歪,翘曲
  • threateningadj. 威胁(性)的,凶兆的 动词threaten的现