吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第83期:"恭喜"你升职了
日期:2012-08-21 06:42

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

影视片花

台词欣赏

Betty:Amanda?

阿曼达

Amanda:Oh, Betty, hey. I was just taking inventory.

哦 贝蒂 我正在清算库存呢

Since Christina's been gone,

自从克里斯蒂娜走了之后

you never know who's gonna come down here steal things.

下来都不知道会不会有人下来偷东西

Not me.

不是我

Betty:Oh, I'm just happy to see a friendly face.

真高兴看见你这么友好

Amanda:And I can finally congratulate you on your big promotion.

我也终于可以恭喜你升职了

Betty:Oh, Amanda, thank you.

哦 阿曼达 谢谢你

Amanda:The first Latina supreme court justice...

这是首次拉丁区最高法院的公正决议

Tell me, Betty, how does that feel?

告诉我 贝蒂 你是什么感觉

How do your people feel?

你的人民是怎么想的

Betty:Amanda, I'm not judge Sotomayor.

阿曼达 我不是圣托梅尔法官

Amanda:Bueno. But just promise me

随便 不过答应我

You will not overturn Roe v. Wade.

你不会为女性有权堕胎一案翻案

Betty:Hey, you want to grab some lunch?

你想跟我一起吃午饭吗

Amanda:Sorry, I can't. Marc totally hates you for taking his job,

对不起 我不能 马克对你抢他工作这事耿耿于怀

And I still have to figure out how you and I can be friends.

而我还在考虑今后怎么跟你做朋友

Marc:Mandy?

曼迪

Amanda:Get away from me, you bloated troll.

离我远点 你这个得意的邋遢鬼

Marc:Hi, Betty.

嗨 贝蒂

I've been meaning to tell you-Cute outfit.

我特地来告诉你 外套不错

重点讲解

短语提炼:

take inventory:盘存

congratulate sb on:恭喜某人......

Supreme Court:最高法院

grab some lunch:吃午餐

take one’s job:接替某人的工作

hate sb for:因......憎恨

figure out:想出

get away from:离开

重点短语深化记忆:

figure out

Eg. We must figure out how to do it.

我们必须想出做这件事的办法。

Eg. The child was able to figure out the answer by himself.

这小孩能自己想出答案。

Eg. This problem is so hard to figure out.

这个问题真难。

Eg. I can not figure out why they ridicule this constructive suggestion.

我弄不懂他们为什么嘲笑这一建设性建议。

take one’s job

Eg. I'm too busy to take this new job on board at the moment.

我太忙, 目前不能接受这项新工作。

Eg. I' ll take the job regardless of the pay.

不管报酬多少我都要这份工作
Eg. But if you think you should take the job, we're behind you.

但如果你认为你应该接受这份工作, 我们支持你。

Eg. It's up to you whether you take the job or not.

接不接受这项工作完全由你自己决定.

get away from

Eg. I want peace--I must get away from this noisy town.

我需要安静,我得离开这个嘈杂的城市。

Eg. Because it is the only way I can get away from him.

因为这是我摆脱他的唯一方法。

Eg. He didn' t come because he couldn' t get away from his work.

他因工作离不开而没有来。

Eg. It's not funny. Seriously, get away from me.

这并不好玩. 说真的, 离我远点。

hate for

Eg. She suddenly felt intense hate for her husband.

她突然非常憎恨丈夫。

Eg. I should hate for him to ever turn completely loose in any way.

我还真不希望他完全放纵自己的感情。

分享到
重点单词
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • ridiculen. 嘲笑,愚弄,笑柄 v. 嘲笑,嘲弄,愚弄
  • supremeadj. 最高的,至上的,极度的
  • overturnv. 推翻,颠覆 n. 倾覆,打翻,革命
  • constructiveadj. 建设性的,构造上的,作图的
  • intenseadj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的
  • roen. 鱼卵 n. 獐鹿
  • inventoryn. 详细目录,存货(清单) vt. 编制(详细目录)
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • congratulatevt. 祝贺