(单词翻译:单击)
试听正文
特别声明:该节目由可可原创,未经可可许可请勿转载。
备注:本期影视片段精选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第一集
经典台词先读为快:
She really is less of a woman.
她真不是个女人。
But if you expect me to grovel or apologize, I think you ought to know by now, you're talking to the wrong woman.
但如果你希望我屈就道歉,我想你应该知道你找错人了。
All those face-lifts must have affected your speech.
你整容后连话都不会说了。
影视片花
台词欣赏
Cal:Now I realize that the three of us have not always been the best of friends.
现在我意识到我们三个人不能继续做挚友了
Wilhelmina: Well, I suppose I shouldn't have tried to blackmail Claire.
我可能的确不应该要挟克莱尔
But in my defense, it's hardly the worst thing I've done to the woman.
但是站在我的角度 这绝对不是我对女人做过的最坏的事情
Though she really is less of a woman at this point
虽然她也算不上真正的女人
That something you use to scare crows or children.
鉴于你可以用她去吓跑乌鸦或者小孩
Cal:Uh, there's something we need to tell you, Wilhelmina.
我们需要谈谈 威廉敏娜
Claire:But you're not making it any easier.
但你也不会好过
Wilhelmina:Enough with the dramatic windups.
这样的开场白已经够了
I know you want to fire me, so go ahead and do it.
我知道你们想解雇我 直说就好了
But if you expect me to grovel or apologize,
但如果你希望我屈就道歉
I think you ought to know by now,you're talking to the wrong woman.
我想你应该知道你找错人了
Good luck. Finding someone else that can do what I do.
祝你好运 找个能胜任我这份工作的人
Cal:Claire?
克莱尔
Claire:We want you to stay.
我们想让你留下
Wilhelmina:I'm sorry. All those face-lifts must have affected your speech.
你们说什么 你做了整形之后 说话都不清楚了
What did you say?
你说什么了
Claire:We want you to stay on as editor-in-chief of "Mode," reporting to me, of course.
我们想让你继续当《风尚》的主编 当然 要向我汇报工作
You seem surprised, yet your eyebrows haven't moved at all.
你看上去很惊讶 但你的眉毛并没有上扬啊
Wilhelmina:Well, this is unexpected.
这确实出乎我的意料
Claire:You were right.
你是对的
It was very hard to find someone who can do what you do.
很难找到人能胜任你的工作
Wilhelmina:Well, I'm sorry for the insults, Claire. You know old habits.
对不起 冒犯你了 克莱尔你知道的 老习惯了
Claire: Of course, and for what it's worth, I had a really good one for you about v.d.
当然 这是值得的我有个很好的整形所要介绍给你
Wilhelmina: You'll have to tell me sometime.
下次你得好好跟我聊聊
Claire: I look forward to it.
期待不已
学习笔记
词汇精讲:
Blackmail
Exp. use of threats to influence a person or group
用威胁来左右别人
Eg. Increase productivity or lose your jobs. That'sblackmail
你们要提高生产率,不然就把你们解雇!这是要挟!
Usage:~ sb (into doing sth)
Exp. force sb to do sth by blackmail
要挟某人做某事
Eg. He wasblackmailedby an enemy agent into passing on state secrets.
敌特威胁他要他交出国家机密。
Eg. The strikers refused tobe blackmailed intoreturning to work.
罢工者拒绝了要挟复工的条件。
Grovel
Usage:~ (to sb) (for sth)
Exp. behave with a show of humility or shame
带着谦卑或羞愧的样子行事
Eg. You will just have togrovelto the bank manager for a loan.
你只得低声下气地向银行经理借贷。
Eg. Those who wished a favour of the emperor had togrovelon hands and knees before him.
凡希望受到皇帝恩宠的人都要拜倒在他面前。
Affect
Exp. have an influence on (sb/sth); produce an effect on 影响
Eg. The tax increases haveaffected us all.
加税已经影响了我们大家。
Eg. The change in climate mayaffect your health.
气候的变化可能影响你的健康、
Eg. Their opinion will notaffect my decision.
他们的意见不会影响我的决定。
Insult
Exp. speak or act in a way that hurts or is intended to hurt the feelings or dignity of (sb); be extremely rude to (sb) 侮辱; 辱骂; 侮慢
Eg. Ifeltmostinsultedwhen they made me sit at a little table at the back.
他们让我坐到尽里头的一张小桌旁, 我觉得受到极大侮辱。
Eg. Shehurled insults atthe unfortunate waiter.
她大骂那个倒霉的服务员。
Eg. Don'ttake it as an insultif I go to sleep during your speech; I'm very tired.
要是你讲着话时我睡着了,可别以为是不敬,我太累了。
短语提炼:
the three of us:我们三个人
the best of friends:挚友,最好的朋友
in one’s defense:出于某人的自我防卫
do sth to sb:向某人做某事
at this point:此时,在这个时候
enough with:够了
go ahead:进行,前进
ought to:应该
by now:至此,到如今
talk to the wrong woman:找错人说话
stay on:继续呆下去,继续做下去
report to:向......汇报
sorry for:为......感到歉意
old habits:老习惯
had something for somebody:给某人某物
look forward to:展望,期待,期盼
重点短语深化记忆:
at this point(介词性短语)
Eg. Would you like to come inat this point, Prime Minister?
首相,您愿意在此刻发表意见吗?
Eg. I will not recommend you for accelerated promotionat this point.
目前,我不会建议对你提前晋升。
Eg.At this pointwe must break the news that is wrong.
至此,我们必须透露出这个问题是错误的。
Eg,At this pointnothing can pep him up.
现在什么也不能使他振奋起来。
enough with(形容词性短语)
Eg. You shouldn't reckon on Jim;he is readyenough withhis promises,but often fails to carry them out.
你不应当只靠吉姆;他总是满口许愿,但常常不予履行。
go ahead(动词性短语)
Eg. She decided togo aheadon her own.
她决定依靠自己的力量干下去。
Eg. The building of the new bridge willgo aheadas planned.
新桥的修建将按计画进行。
Eg. The fete willgo aheadprovided the rain keeps off.
要是不下雨, 义卖会就照常进行.
Eg. If you really need help thengo aheadand ask.
你如果真需要帮助,那就请人帮助吧。
by now(介词性短语)
Eg. I thought you would have finished itby now.
我以为到现在为止你已经做完那件事。
Eg.By nowpeople were stopping around them and looking on curiously.
这时候已有些人停住脚站在他们周围看热闹了。
Eg. I thought everyone knewby nowthat I loathed my husband.
我想如今每个人都知道我厌恶我的丈夫。
Eg. According to my calculation, he should be in Taipeiby now.
根据我的推测,他现在应该已经到台北了。
stay on(动词性短语)
Eg. Once again I was tempted. And once again I decided tostay on.
我又一次动心想走了。但是又一次我决定留下来。
Eg. We'llstay onin the village till the autumn harvest is over.
我们将留在村里,秋收后再走。
Eg. Don't allow the lights tostay onafter people leave the office.
人们离开办公室后,别让电灯继续亮着。
Eg. I can'tstay onpins and needles any longer.
我为能让事情搁在那儿牵肠挂肚。
report to(动词性短语)
Eg. I take this opportunity toreport toyou about a matter.
顺便向各位报告一件事。
Eg. I told you expressly toreport tome everyday.
我明确告诉过你每天要向我汇报。
Eg. Had I betterreport tothe police?
我最好向警察局报案吗?
Eg. And now I come to think of it, I might as well ride round there myself andreport tohim or squire.
我现在想起来了,我应该亲自去他家,向他或乡绅报告这件事。
look forward to(动词性短语)
Eg. Ilook forward tobeing alone in the house.
我盼望着能自己一人待在这所房子里。
Eg. We will be at the10 Baker Street at six sharp, andlook forward toseeing you.
我们将于晚六点准时到达贝克大街10号,到时再会。
Eg. I am familiar with his work andlook forward tohearing his views on Literary and artistic creation.
我熟悉他的作品,并期待他能就文艺创作问题发表自己的见解。