(单词翻译:单击)
试听正文
影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Walter: I swear this is purely a professional visit.
我发誓这纯粹只是工作上的造访。
There's nothing between us anymore.
我们之间没有任何瓜葛了。
We're not even friends. I don't even like her.
连朋友都不是了。我根本不喜欢她。
Betty: Walter, I don't care.
Walter,我不在乎了。
Walter: You don't?
你不在乎了?
Betty: No.
是的。
Walter: Did you get my gift?
你收到我礼物了吗?
Betty: The batteries? Yeah, thanks.
电池?收到了,谢谢。
They'll really come in handy during hurricane season.
飓风季节迟早有用。
Walter: No. Don't you remember when we first started dating,
不。还记得我们第一次约会吗?
and you stopped by Pro Buy?
你站在咨询台旁边。
I was doing shipping and receiving. A box of 9-volts.
我正负责收发货物。一盒9伏的电池。我们第一次亲吻,
First time we kissed, you said, "careful."
你说:小心。
Betty: "Careful, we're gonna cause a spark." Yeah.
小心,我们要触电了。是啊。
重点讲解
词汇梳理:
swear: 发誓
purely: 纯粹的
professional: 职业的
battery: 电池
handy: 便利的
hurricane: 飓风
date: 约会
ship: 发送
volt: 电伏
spark: 火花
重点词汇讲解:
Swear
Exp. (cause sb to) make a solemn promise or statement about (sth) (使某人)就(某事物)宣誓
Eg.They have sworn an oath of allegiance to the crown.
他们宣誓效忠君主。
Eg. Are you willing to swear in court that you saw him do it?
你愿意在法庭上宣誓说你曾看见他做那件事了吗?
Handy
Exp. conveniently placed for being reached or used 近便; 便当
Eg. Our flat is very handy for the schools.
我们的住所离学校很近, 非常方便。
Eg. Always keep a first-aid kit handy.
手边要经常有个急救箱。
Ship
Exp . send or transport (sth/sb), esp in a ship 运送(某人某物)(尤指用船)
Eg . Are the goods to be flown or shipped?
这些货物是空运还是海运?
Eg . We ship grain to Africa.
我们把谷物运往非洲。
Eg . Fresh supplies were shipped (out) by lorry.
新到的货已由卡车运出。
短语归纳:
stop by: 偶然过访
a professional visit:工作的来访
come in handy:迟早有用
do shipping:发货
do receiving:收获
a box of:一盒的
cause a spark:(恋爱上)触电
重点短语精学:
come in handy
Exp. be useful some time or other 迟早有用
Eg. My extra earnings came in very handy.
我的额外收入可备我不时之需。
Eg. Don't throw that cardboard box away it may come in handy.
不要把那个纸盒丢掉——可能用得着。
stop by
Eg. Can you stop by for a moment on your way home from your firm?
你从公司回家时,能顺便来呆一会儿吗?
Eg. Stop by sometime. 有时间来坐坐。
台词解析:
1. Careful, we're gonna cause a spark.
解析:Cause a spark意思是引起火花,在此句子中比喻恋人之间相互接触而产生触电般的感觉。
2. I swear this is purely a professional visit.
解析:a professional visit在剧中是指Gina到Walt的工作地方买了一台新液晶电视,Walt出于工作任务才来到Gina家中,而不是因为和Gina以前的感情。A professional visit就是只因为工作到某人家中。