吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第78期:我们要盛装打扮
日期:2012-07-19 20:02

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

影视片花:

台词欣赏:

Daniel:See, I'm trying to get the magazine to attract a hipper, more fashion-conscious woman.

看,我要让杂志能吸引一个有嘻哈精神和更多时尚感的女人。

Betty:So they were out of poppy seed. I got you onion.

没有栗子味道的 我给你弄了洋葱味的

Daniel:Okay, you're at the newsstand, 500 covers in front of you... which one of these grabs you?

设想你在报摊,有500本杂志对着你,哪一种封面能吸引你?

Amanda:Bathing suit. It's fresher.

泳装的比较养眼。

Woman:Definitely, and neon is in.

没错,还有霓虹灯。

Betty:I really like the gown. It's very Cinderella.

我很喜欢这件礼服,穿着就像个灰姑娘。

Daniel:Yeah, listen, could you get some cream cheese for that?

好了,听着,你能弄些奶油干酪来吗?

So...I'm trying to get this font. I was trying to go for something cool and sexy.

这样一来……就可以试着用这种字体,还得找些穿着清凉性感的姑娘。

Daniel:Daniel Meade. Who's calling? Betty? Vincent Bianchi's on line three...for you.

Daniel Meade。你是?Betty?Vincent Bianchi的电话在三线……找你的。

Betty:Really?

真的?

Betty:Hello? Oh, you did. I'm so glad.

哦,你真的吃了。我太高兴了。

Well, you know, I just-- I thought that it was probably a while since you've gotten down to Sal's, so...Are you serious?

我只是,我只是觉得也许你很久没去Sal's吃东西了,所以……你说的是真的?

Oh, my god, that would be so wonderful, Mr. Bianchi.

哦,天啊。那真是太棒了,Bianchi先生。

Okay, Vincent. Oh, yeah, yeah, that was--that was my boss who picked up. Hold on.

好的,Vincent。哦,对,没错,是我老板接的电话。等一下。

Betty:He said he loved the sausage and pepper heroes that I sent him.

他说他喜欢我给他的胡椒香肠无敌三明治。

He thought I had cojones. I'll explain later. Just go pick up the phone.

他觉得我勇气可嘉,待会儿再跟你解释。快去接电话吧。

Daniel:Well...I don't really know what you did, or how sausage and peppers helped, But...thank you, and we're having lunch on Monday.

嗯……我不太清楚你做了什么,或者说胡椒香肠三明治起了什么作用,……谢谢,我们约好礼拜一一起吃午饭。

Betty:Well, would you like me to set up a reservation?

那要我预定餐厅吗?

Daniel:Yeah, um, actually, see if you can get us a table at Madison Six. And, uh, make it for three.

当然,你看看能不能在Madison Six订张桌子。要三个座位的。

He asked that you come along.

他让你一起去。

Betty:What? Wait, wait, wait, he asked for me?

什么?等等,他邀请了我?

Daniel:Oh, and, uh, maybe we could both...dress up a little on Monday?

哦,或许我们两个都该……在那天稍微一下?

Amanda:I think he meant natural fibers, sweetie.

宝贝,我想他是让你打扮得原生态一点

Betty:Come on, Christina, there's gotta be something. A sweater or a jacket?

快点,Christina 帮忙挑件衣服。毛衣还是外套?

I can't walk in there looking like me.

我不能像现在这样去赴约。

讲解重点

on line: 在线

Eg. Are on line retailers crazy?

在线零售商们是不是疯了?

Eg. The computer always takes such a long time to come on line .

这部电脑的开机启动经常要花很长的时间。

hold on: 等一下

Eg. Just a moment, I'll connect you. Hold on, please."

请稍候 ,我为你转接。请不要挂断。

set up: 建立,创立

Eg. The two sides agreed to set up a commission to investigate claims.

双方同意成立一个委员会,调查索赔问题。

ask for sb: 邀请

Eg. Did anyone ask for me? Yes there was a gentleman here asking for you this morning

有人找过我吗?有,今天上午有位先生要求见你。

dress up: 打扮,装饰

Eg. She dress up in Elizabethan costume for the fancy-dress ball.

她穿上伊丽莎白的服装去参加化妆舞会。

分享到
重点单词
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • costumen. 服装,剧装 vt. 提供服装,为 ... 设计服装
  • investigatev. 调查,研究 [计算机] 研究
  • commissionn. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪 vt. 委任,委托