吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第150期:我不同意
日期:2013-03-18 17:52

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花

台词欣赏

Maybe we should just hear him out.

也许我们该听他说完

Mom, the "Wit and Whimsy" column has been in "Mode" for 60 years.

妈 《智慧和奇想在》专栏已经在风尚60年了

I'm not gonna cut it off just for make room for ads.

我不会就这么把它砍掉

I'm sorry. I have to draw the line.

抱歉 我必须保留

Well, maybe you can draw that line somewhere else.

也许你可以在别的地方保留

I'm putting a lot of money in the company.

我可在这公司投了很多钱

Of course I do.

我知道

You rarely waste an opportunity to remind us of that fact.

你没少提醒这事

All I'm saying is,

我想说的是

it would be nice to see a little return on my investment.

最好是能看到我的投资哪怕有一点点回报

You can understand that, can't you, son?

你能理解的 对吗 小伙

Don't call me "son."

别叫我小伙

Right.


You've both made your opinions very clear.

你们的观点都很明确了

Maybe we should all just think this over for a bit.

也许我们都该好好考虑一下

Fine. let's do that.

好 就这么办

重点讲解

第一、词汇学习

1. wit c.n. 才智,悟性

e.g. He hadn't the wits/wit enough to realize the danger.

他悟性差, 没有意识到存在的危险。

He hadn't the wit to say no.

他笨得连说一句拒绝的话都不会说。

2. whimsy c.n. 奇异的念头或兴致;奇想

e.g. It is one of her bizarre whimsies.

她的一个古怪的念头。

3. column c.n.(报纸的)专栏

e.g. I always read her column in the local paper.

我经常在当地报纸上看她的专栏文章。

4 rarely adv.很少, 难得

e.g. The leader rarely shows herself in public.

这位领导她很少在公众场合露面。

第二、短语学习

1. cut something off:砍掉某物

e.g. If you fail to pay and they'll cut off the electricity.

你如果不付款,他们就要断电。

e.g. He cut off the dragon's head with one stroke of his sword.

他一刀就砍断了龙头。

2. make room:腾出空间

e.g. The whole village moved away to make room for the construction.

整个村子迁走,给这项建设让地。

e.g. Can you make room on that shelf for more books?

你能在那个架子上腾出些地方再放些书吗?

3. draw the line:加以限制

e.g. I'm sorry but that's where I draw the line; I won't help him to cheat.

对不起,我只能做到这一步,我不能帮助他行骗。

e.g. I don't mind a little fun every now and then among friends, but I draw the line at looseness.

我不反对朋友们偶尔在一起欢乐一下,但要有分寸,不能放荡。

4. somewhere else:别的地方

e.g. I would take the money out of the bank and invest it somewhere else.

我会把钱从银行取出来把它投资倒别的地方。

e.g. Go and find a lee somewhere else if it's too fresh.

你要是嫌太凉快,你自己找个背风的地方去得了。

5. remind somebody of something:提醒某人某事

e.g. I'm cowardly about things that remind me of myself.

我对那些使我回忆起往事的东西总感到胆怯。

e.g. Now that you remind me of this matter, I have a vague impression of it.

这事经你一提醒, 我脑子里才有点儿影子。

6. return on something:某事上的回报

e.g. You'll get a good return on these shares.

投资这种股票可获优厚利润。

e.g. They received a poor return on their investment.

他们的投资获利甚微。

7. think something over:考虑

e.g. You had better think over the matter at your leisure.

你最好有空的时候把那事情仔细想一下。

e.g. I'll think over your suggestion again.

我将再次仔细考虑你的建议。

7. for a bit:短时间,一会儿,暂时

e.g. Can we slow down and walk for a bit? I'm getting a stitch.

咱们放慢速度步行一会儿好吗? 我觉得腰部突然一阵剧痛。

e.g. I'd lay off stirring up trouble for a bit if I were you.

要是我是你的话,我就暂时不去捅篓子。

第三、实用口语

1. 表示我们投资多少钱做某事,可以套用下面这个句型

Sb put some money to do something.

句型操练:She has put a lot of money to make her book be published.

她投资了一大笔钱出版她的书籍。

源于台词:I'm putting a lot of money in the company.

3. 表我某人经常,时常,老是做某事,可以套用这个句型:

Sb rarely waste an opportunity to do something.

句型操练:She rarely waste an opportunity to speak ill of me.

她老是在背后诽谤我。

源于台词:You rarely waste an opportunity to remind us of that fact.

3 表示某人把自己的意思,观点或意见等表达得很清楚了,可以套用这个句型:

Sb makes his opinions clear.

句型操练:I have made my opinions very clear and don’t ask me any more.

我已经把我的观点说清楚了,不要再问我了。

源于台词:You've both made your opinions very clear.

分享到
重点单词
  • shelfn. 架子,搁板
  • whimsyn. 怪念头,心情浮动,反覆无常
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • stroken. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风, v. 奉
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • constructionn. 建设,建造,结构,构造,建筑物
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • moden. 方式,样式,模式,风格,时兴 n. [音乐]
  • vagueadj. 模糊的,不明确的,犹豫不决的,茫然的
  • stitchn. 一针,疼痛,碎布条 v. 缝合