(单词翻译:单击)
Mr. F calls me. I go to the old school.
F先生给我打了电话。我于是前往那所老学校。
He is with a lady. She is a neighbor.
他和一名女士在一起,她是附近的一位邻居。
"Something strange is happening," she says. "There were lights in the school."
“发生了件奇怪的事情,”她说,“学校里有光。”
"There are a lot of people in schools," he says. "That is not strange."
“学校里有很多人啊,”他说,“有灯光又不奇怪。”
"But I see the lights late at night. The school is not open," she says. That is strange.
“可是我是在深夜看见光的,那时学校没有开放呀。”她说。这确实很奇怪。
Mr. F and I go into the school. Mr. F is scared.
F先生和我走进学校里,F先生很害怕。
"There are stories about this school," he says. "They are scary stories. They are ghost stories!"
“这所学校有些传闻,”他说,“是恐怖故事,是鬼故事!”
"There are no ghosts," I say.
“世界上没有鬼。”我说。
We hear a sound. "What's that?" asks Mr. F. I don't know.
我们听到了一个声音。“那是什么?”F先生问。我不知道。
We are walking around. We see something move down the hall. It is a small light.
我们在学校里四处走着。我们看见什么东西沿着走廊远去。那是一盏小小的光。
"It's a ghost," yells Mr. F.
“是鬼。”F先生喊着说。
I use my flashlight. I see something.
我打开手电筒。看见了一个东西。
It is not a ghost. It is a woman. She has a flashlight.
那不是鬼,而是个女人,她拿着一支手电筒。
"Who are you?" we ask.
“你是谁?”我们问。
"I am the janitor," she says.
“我是清洁工。”她说。
"Why are the lights off?" asks Mr. F.
“为什么不开灯?”F先生问。
"I am new," she says. "I can't find the light switch."
“我是新来的,”她说,“我找不到灯的开关。”