(单词翻译:单击)
I am at work. The phone rings.
我在办公室上班,电话响了起来。
It is the art museum. A painting is missing. They need my help.
是美术馆打来的。有一幅画失踪了。他们需要我帮忙。
I go to the art museum. I see the boss.
我到美术馆去,会见了馆长。
He tells me about the painting. The painting is expensive.
他对我描述了那幅画,那幅画很昂贵。
But the painting has an alarm. A thief cannot usually steal the painting.
可是设有警铃以防窃盗窃,贼通常不可能偷得走那幅画。
But today is Wednesday. A worker always turns off the alarm on Wednesdays. Then he cleans the painting.
可是今天是星期三。有一名员工总是会在星期三关掉警铃,然后清洁那幅画。
I see a worker. He is sitting in a room. He is upset.
我看到一个员工,他坐在一个房间里。他很懊恼。
I go into the room. I talk to the worker.
我走进房间里和那名员工谈话。
"Where do you clean the painting?" I ask.
“你都在哪里清洁那幅画?”我问。
"I usually clean it in the workshop," he says. "But today, I cleaned it in the kitchen."
“我通常都在工作室里清洁那幅画,”他说,“可是今天我在厨房里清洁。”
"Where is the painting?" I ask.
“那幅画呢?”我问。
"I don't know," he says. "I am not a thief. I went to the men's room. I came back. The painting was gone."
“我不知道,”他说,“我不是小偷。我去了男厕,回来的时候画就不见了。”
I go outside. I talk to the boss.
我到外面去,找了馆长谈话。
"That worker is the thief. I'm sure," says the boss. "He turns the alarm off on Wednesdays."
“我很确定,那个员工就是窃贼,”馆长说,“他都在星期三关掉警铃。”
"Where were you?" I ask.
“你当时在哪里?”我问。
"I was in the museum's shop all day," says the boss. "And I never go into the kitchen."
“我整天都在美术馆的礼品店,”馆长说,“而且我从来不会到厨房去。”
"Ah, ha!" I say. "I can solve this case! Give me the painting!"
“啊哈!”我说,“我可以破解这件案子!把画拿来!”