(单词翻译:单击)
It is morning. I wake up and go outside.
早上了,我醒过来,走出屋外。
It is a beautiful and sunny day. I feel hot in the sun.
今天是个美丽的晴天,我在阳光下觉得很热。
Then my phone rings. It is my friend, Mrs. Brown.
接着,我的手机响了起来,是我的朋友布朗太太打来的。
She is a teacher. She needs help.
她是个老师,她需要帮忙。
"Today is test day, Mr. E," she says. "But the hospital called me. My mother is sick.
“E先生,今天是考试的日子,”她说,“可是医院打了电话给我,我妈妈病倒了。
Now, I have to cancel my class. My students can't take the test."
我现在必须取消我的课,所以我的学生就没办法考试了。”
Later, Mrs. Brown calls again.
稍后,布朗太太又打了电话过来。
"My mother is fine," she says. "She is not ill. She is not in the hospital.
“我妈妈没事,”她说,“她没有病倒,也不在医院里。
The phone call was fake. Someone tricked me!"
那是一通骗人的电话,有人耍了我!”
Mrs. Brown is at school, now.
现在,布朗太太已经在学校了。
A student is responsible for the fake call. She is sure about that.
那通骗人的电话是一个学生打的,这点她很确定。
But which student? She needs help.
但是,到底是哪个学生?她需要帮忙。
I go to the school. There are three students with Mrs. Brown.
我来到学校,有三个学生,和布朗太太在一起。
The students say they didn't call Mrs. Brown.
那些学生说他们没有打电话给布朗太太。
Billy says, "I didn't call. I sleep until school time."
比利说:“我没有打电话,我一直睡到上学时间才起床。”
Betty says, "My mother has my phone. I can't call before school."
贝蒂说:“我的手机在我妈妈那里,我在上学以前没办法打电话。”
Sandy says, "I help my grandfather in the morning. I was sweeping some wet grass."
珊蒂说:“我早上在帮我爷爷,我帮忙扫了一些湿湿的草。”
"Sandy, you're lying," I say. "You are in big trouble."
“珊蒂,你在说谎,”我说到。“你麻烦大了。”