(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Alex, do you like to drive?
罗布:阿莱克斯,你喜欢开车吗?
Alex: Sure. But I don't like to sit in traffic!
阿莱克斯:当然。但是我不喜欢堵在路上。
Rob: When I'm tired, I avoid driving.
罗布:当我比较疲惫的时候,我会避免开车。
Alex: I know. It is not safe. I don't drive when the weather is bad.
阿莱克斯:我了解。疲劳驾车不安全。当天气糟糕的时候,我不会开车。
Rob: So a self-driving car would be really great.
罗布:所以一辆自动驾驶的汽车真的会很棒。
Alex: A what?
阿莱克斯:一辆什么?
Rob: A self-driving car. You can go places at the push of a button.
罗布:一辆自动驾驶的汽车。你只要按下一个按钮,就可以去别的地方了。
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: Susie, what do you know about self-driving cars?
罗布:苏西,你了解自动驾驶的汽车吗?
Susie: Not much. Isn't Google developing one?
苏西:不是很多。是谷歌正在研发的那个吗?
Rob: Yes. I was just reading about it online. It's really great.
罗布:是的。我刚刚在网上读到了有关它的信息。真的太棒了。
Susie: How does it work?
苏西:那它是如何操作的?
Rob: Choose a place you want to go and program the car. Then you push a button. And the car takes you there.
罗布:选择一个你想去的地方,然后把车子设定好就可以了。然后你按下一个按钮。之后汽车就会带你去那里了。
Susie: You don't have to do anything?
苏西:你什么都不必做吗?
Rob: No. You just enjoy the ride!
罗布:不必。你只需要享受旅途就可以了!
Conversation C
对话C
Linda: Rob is really excited about self-driving cars.
琳达:罗布对自动驾驶汽车感到很兴奋。
Taylor: I know. He's talking to everyone about them.
泰勒:我知道。他和每个人都在谈论它们。
Linda: What do you think about them? Would you want one?
琳达:你觉得自动驾驶汽车怎么样?你想要一辆吗?
Taylor: They sound scary to me. I like to control my car myself.
泰勒:我觉得它们听起来很可怕。我喜欢自己控制我的汽车。
Linda: But not everyone can control their car well. So people have accidents.
琳达:但是不是每个人都能把车开得很好。所以会有车祸的发生。
Taylor: I know. But don't trust a self-driving car to avoid an accident.
泰勒:的确。但是不要认为自动驾驶汽车就能避免车祸。