(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation A
对话A
Susie: Bills, bills, bills...
苏西:账单,账单,账单...
Taylor: Excuse me? What did you say?
泰勒:打扰一下。你刚才在说什么?
Susie: Oh, nothing. I'm just looking at my bills. There are a lot of them.
苏西:哦,没什么。我只是在看我的账单。我有很多账单。
Taylor: There are. I pay a gas bill, a water bill and a cable bill.
泰勒:的确。我要付燃气费、水费和有线电视费。
Susie: Don't forget your cellphone bill and your rent.
苏西:不要忘记你的电话费和你的房租。
Taylor: Right. And I often have credit card bills, too.
泰勒:没错。另外我通常还会有信用卡账单。
Susie: We pay a lot of bills!
苏西:我们要付很多账单啊!
Conversation B
对话B
Taylor: I don't like bills. Some of them are really expensive.
泰勒:我不喜欢账单。有一些太贵了。
Susie: I know. But bills pay for some important things.
苏西:我理解。但是账单可以为我们买一些重要的东西。
Taylor: That's true. All of those things make life easier and more convenient.
泰勒:没错。所有这些东西都让生活更轻松、更便利。
Susie: And more fun!
苏西:还更有趣!
Taylor: Right. Life wouldn't be very much fun without water and electricity.
泰勒:是的。没了水和电,生活就不会很有意思了。
Susie: But it would be nice to spend less on bills.
苏西:但是如果能在账单上少花一些,也挺好的。
Taylor: That would be great.
泰勒:那就太棒了。
Conversation C
对话C
Linda: Did you pay your electric bill?
琳达:你付你的电费了吗?
Alex: Yes. I went and paid my bill at lunch. Now they won't shut off my electricity.
阿莱克斯:付了。我午饭时间去付的。现在他们不会断了我的电了。
Linda: Good. Paying your bills on time is important.
琳达:好的。准时支付账单是很重要的。
Alex: I know. How do you pay your bills, Linda?
阿莱克斯:我知道。琳达,你是怎么支付你的账单的?
Linda: I pay them online.
琳达:我是在线支付的。
Alex: Can you show me how to do that?
阿莱克斯:你能给我演示一下怎么做吗?
Linda: Sure. I have to pay my garbage bill, so I'll show you how.
琳达:当然。我必须要支付我的垃圾费了,那我就演示给你看。