(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Hey, do you want to hear a joke?
罗布:嗨,你想听一个笑话吗?
Taylor: Sure, I haven't heard a good joke lately.
泰勒:当然了,我最近都没听过好听的笑话。
Rob: Why was six afraid of seven?
罗布:为什么六会害怕七呢?
Taylor: I don't know. Why?
泰勒:我不知道。为什么?
Rob: Because seven ate nine. Get it? Ate sounds like eight.
罗布:因为七吃了九。懂了吗?ate听起来很像eight。
Taylor: Oh, that's a terrible joke.
泰勒:哦,这个笑话可真糟。
Rob: I thought it was funny. And you smiled!
罗布:可我觉得很有趣啊。而且你刚才笑了!
Taylor: Yes, and I chuckled a little!
泰勒:是的,我只是轻声笑了一下!
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: You need a good laugh.
罗布:你需要好好地笑一笑。
Taylor: Yes, I do. I want to laugh aloud not just giggle a little.
泰勒:没错。我想大声笑,而不只是咯咯一笑。
Rob: Hmm. Should I tell you another one?
罗布:嗯。我要不要给你再讲一个?
Taylor: Sure.
泰勒:当然了。
Rob: OK. What did the stamp say to the envelope?
罗布:好的。邮票对信封说了什么?
Taylor: I don't know.
泰勒:我不知道。
Rob: The stamp said, "You stick with me, and I'll take you places!"
罗布:邮票说:“只要粘上了我,我就带你去任何地方!”
Taylor: That was good. I feel better now.
泰勒:这个还不错。我现在感觉好多了。