(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation A
对话A
Taylor: Hey, James. How's your new apartment?
泰勒:嗨,詹姆斯。你的新公寓怎么样?
James: It's good. Thanks, Taylor. After work, I'm going to buy a new dining room table.
詹姆斯:还不错。谢谢你,泰勒。下班以后,我要去买一些新的餐桌。
Taylor: Great! What kind of table do you want?
泰勒:太棒了!你想要什么样的桌子?
James: I want a round table. And I want a table made of wood.
詹姆斯:我想要一张圆桌,一张木制的桌子。
Taylor: I like round tables. Then people can sit in a circle.
泰勒:我喜欢圆桌。这样人们可以围成一圈坐。
James: Yes, rectangular tables seem less friendly.
詹姆斯:是啊,长方形的桌子似乎不那么友善。
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: Linda, we can have dinner tonight at 8 p.m.
阿莱克斯:琳达,我们今天晚上8点一起吃晚饭吧。
Linda: Wonderful! Which restaurant are we eating at?
琳达:太好了!我们要去哪家饭店吃?
Alex: A new restaurant! It's called Simon's Shapes.
阿莱克斯:一家新饭店!名字叫做“西蒙形状”。
Linda: That's a strange name.
琳达:真是个奇怪的名字。
Alex: Yes, but the chef's name is Simon, and he prepares food in strange shapes.
阿莱克斯:是啊,主厨的名字叫西蒙,他会把食物做成奇形怪状。
Linda: What do you mean?
琳达:怎么说?
Alex: Well, he bakes bread in triangles and cuts vegetables into diamonds.
阿莱克斯:恩,他会把面包烤成三角形,把蔬菜切成菱形。