大家说英语(MP3+中英字幕) 第353期:自动驾驶汽车(2)
日期:2018-03-09 11:52

(单词翻译:单击)

Conversation A
对话A
Alex: So, Linda, what do you think about self-driving cars? Everyone is talking about them.
阿莱克斯:琳达,你怎么看自动驾驶汽车?所有人都在谈论它们。
Linda: I think they are a great idea. Just think. Blind people could use them. And old people could use them, too.
琳达:我认为这是一个好想法。想想看。盲人可以使用这种汽车。老年人也可以使用。
Alex: Right. Now many seniors give up their cars because they're no longer safe drivers.
阿莱克斯:没错。现在许多老年人放弃了自己的汽车了,因为他们不再能够安全驾驶了。
Linda: I'd like to ride in a self-driving car.
琳达:我想搭乘自动驾驶的汽车。
Alex: So would I. But it would be strange. I hear they don't have steering wheels!
阿莱克斯:我也是。但是可能会很奇怪。我听说这种汽车没有方向盘!

自动驾驶汽车

Conversation B
对话B
Alex: Rob, have Google's self-driving cars been in any accidents?
阿莱克斯:罗布,谷歌的自动驾驶汽车发生过车祸吗?
Rob: Yes, a few. I read that other drivers have sometimes hit Google's self-driving cars. But self-driving cars have rarely caused accidents.
罗布:有,发生过几次。我读到过说其他司机有时候会撞上谷歌的自动驾驶汽车。但是自动驾驶汽车几乎没有造成过事故。
Alex: That's amazing.
阿莱克斯:真是惊人。
Rob: Yes. It is amazing considering that the Google cars drive about 10,000 miles a month!
罗布:是的。想想谷歌的汽车一个月行驶1万英里,多么令人吃惊。
Alex: That's more than many people drive in a year!
阿莱克斯:这个数字要比许多人一年驾驶的还要大!

Conversation C
对话C
Taylor: Why would anyone want a self-driving car? If I want someone to drive me, I'll take a bus!
泰勒:为什么所有人都想要一辆自动驾驶汽车?如果我想要别人开车载我,我会乘坐公交车!
Linda: Buses stop many places. A self-driving car would just take you where you want to go.
琳达:公交车会停靠很多站。一辆自动驾驶汽车可以只带你去你想去的地方。
Taylor: I don't think they're safe.
泰勒:我不认为这种汽车足够安全。
Linda: Self-driving cars have driven over 1 million miles with only minor accidents.
琳达:自动驾驶汽车已经行驶了超过一百万英里的路程,只发生过一些小事故。
Taylor: Fine. But I'm not ready to let a computer drive me around just yet!
泰勒:好吧。但是我现在还没准备好让一台电脑载着我满处跑!

分享到
重点单词
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • robv. 抢劫,掠夺