(单词翻译:单击)
Lesson 1 Small Talk
第一课 闲聊
September 1
9月1日
Meet the Family!
认识我的家人!
Read it!
读读看!
Rob meets Blake in the Jungle Cafe.
罗柏在丛林咖啡馆初次和布雷克见面。
Blake is Jim's cousin. He is Jim's uncle's son.
布雷克是吉姆的表弟, 他是吉姆舅舅的儿子。
He just moved to town.
他刚搬到本地,
He is a new doctor at the hospital.
是本地医院新上任的医生。
He is staying at Jim's house.
他现在住在吉姆家,
But he is looking for an apartment.
不过他正在找一间公寓。
Maybe Rob can help him.
或许罗柏可以帮他,
Rob knows a lot about the city's neighborhoods.
罗柏对这个城市里的小区有深入的认识。
Conversation A
会话A
Hi, Jim. Hello . . .
嗨,吉姆。哈啰…
I'm sorry. I don't know your name.
抱歉, 我不知道你的名字。
Hi, Rob. This is Blake. He's my cousin.
嗨,罗柏。这位是布雷克, 他是我的表弟。
Hello, Blake. It's nice to meet you.
哈啰,布雷克,很高兴认识你。
Blake, this is Rob. He's my coworker.
布雷克,这是罗柏, 他是我的同事。
Hi, Rob.
嗨,罗柏。
Where are you from, Blake?
布雷克,你从哪里来?
I'm from Seattle, Washington.
我来自华盛顿州的西雅图市。
He's my uncle's son.
他是我舅舅的儿子。
Conversation B
会话B
My dad and Jim's mom are brother and sister.
我爸爸和吉姆的妈妈是姊弟。
Right. My mom is the big sister.
没错。我妈妈是大姊,
Uncle Simon is the baby of the family.
赛门舅舅排行老么。
How long are you visiting, Blake?
布雷克,你会在这作客多久?
Oh, I'm not visiting.
喔,我不是来作客的,
I just moved here.
我刚刚搬到这里。
Blake has a new job.
布雷克有个新工作,
He's a new doctor at the hospital.
他是本地医院新上任的医生,
He starts next week!
下星期就开始工作!
Conversation C
会话C
Wow. That's great!
哇。太棒了!
Where are you staying?
你现在住在哪里?
I'm staying at Jim's house.
我现在住吉姆家,
But I am looking for an apartment.
不过我在找一间公寓。
There are many great apartments in town.
这里有很多很棒的公寓大楼。
Rob, you know a lot about the city's neighborhoods.
罗柏,你对这个城市的各个小区都蛮熟的,
Maybe you can help Blake.
或许你可以帮帮布雷克。
Sure! I can do that.
当然!我可以帮忙,
Let's meet at 5:00.
我们约五点见好了。
OK. Thank you!
好啊,谢谢你。