BBC记录片美丽中国之龙之疆域:走进西藏(17) 臧明忌讳猎杀动物
日期:2014-03-18 18:35

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

The possibility of escaping the cycle of life and death and the promise of enlightenment encourages people to perform activities that benefit all beings.
摆脱生死轮回追求教化的想法,驱使着人们一心向善。
This belief assigns as much importance to the environment and its creatures as it does to humans, since every living creature is believed to have a soul.
由于相信万物都有灵魂,所以他们认为环境生物和人类都是平等的。
In the remote lands of Tibet, for over 1,000 years this concept has been translated into practical benefits for wildlife, and it starts literally on their doorstep.
一千多年以来,在西藏这偏僻的地方,这个观念为野生动植物带来了实实在在的好处。
Buddhist monasteries have sacred sites, areas where taboos are placed on the hunting and killing of animals. Some creatures have become so tame that the nuns are able to hand-feed them, like these Tibetan-eared pheasants.
僧庙的佛教徒有一些神圣的地方,在那里猎杀动物是犯忌讳的,一些动物已经被驯服,喇嘛们都可以用手喂它们。
Thanks to hand-outs from the nuns, these rare birds can survive the worst of the winter.
比如西藏野鸡。由于喇嘛伸出援手,那些稀有的鸟们可以活过最寒冷的冬天。
In this extreme place, people with few resources are prepared to share them with their needy fellow-creatures.
在这个极度严寒的地方,资源匮乏的人们,随时准备同需要帮助的生灵分享食物。
The Tibetan example is a model for conservation.
西藏就是一个自然资源保护很好的例子。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. encourage sb. to do sth.
鼓励;激励;劝说某人做某事;
eg. We want to encourage people to go fishing, not put them off.
我们希望鼓励人们去垂钓,而不是打消他们的热情。
eg. Herbie Hancock was encouraged by his family to learn music at a young age.
赫尔比·汉考克年幼时家人就鼓励他学音乐。
2. translate into
(使)转变为;(使)转化为;
eg. Your decision must be translated into specific, concrete actions.
你的决定必须转化为具体明确的行动。
eg. We must make efforts to translate our ideal into reality.
我们必须努力把理想变为现实。
3. thanks to
幸亏;归因于;
eg. Thanks to your help, we accomplished the task ahead of schedule.
亏得你们帮忙,我们才提前完成了任务。
eg. Thanks to that, they do not look so monochromatic.
得益于此,他们看起来不才不至于那么单调。
4. so...that
so+形容词或副词+that ...引导结果状语从句;意思是“如此……以致于……”。
eg. The evidence was so compelling that he felt constrained to accept it.
证据是那样的令人折服,他觉得不得不接受。
eg. His behaviour was so strange that I began to doubt his sanity.
他行为怪异,我有点怀疑他是否神智正常。
5. be prepared to do sth.
准备做某事;
eg. In your case, we are prepared to be lenient.
根据你的情况,我们拟予从宽处理。
eg. You must be prepared to give the job your undivided attention .
你必须准备好全心全意地投入工作。
6. share with
与…分享;与…共享;
eg. The village tribe is friendly and they share their water supply with you.
村里的部落很友善,他们会和你一起分享水源。
eg. Share joys and sorrows with your comrades, and support one another in adversity.
同甘共苦,患难相扶。

分享到
重点单词
  • benefitn. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演 vt. 有益于,得
  • constrainedadj. 被强迫的;不舒服的;拘泥的 v. 强迫;驱使;
  • undividedadj. 未分开的;专一的;专心的;完整的 v. 未分开
  • encouragevt. 鼓励,促进,支持
  • conceptn. 概念,观念
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • supplyn. 补给,供给,供应,贮备 vt. 补给,供给,提供,
  • compellingadj. 强制的,引人注目的,令人信服的
  • remoteadj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大 n
  • sacredadj. 神圣的,受尊重的