影视讲解《泰坦尼克号》第51期:船头会先下沉
日期:2012-12-23 18:49

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Perhaps he did it while you were putting your clothes back on, dear.
或许他趁你穿衣服时偷拿的。 
Shut up. It isn't even your pocket, is it, son?
闭嘴,连外套都是偷来的。  
Property of A. L. Ryerson.
它属于“A.L. 莱尔森”。 
That was reported stolen today. I just borrowed it.
有人报了案。我借的。
I was going to return it. We have an honest thief here, do we?
我只是暂时我要还给他的,这小偷倒很诚实。  
You know I didn't do this, Rose. You know it.
萝丝,你知道我没有偷。 
Come on, let's go. You know I didn't do it, Rose. Rose!
你知道我没偷。  
Come on, son. There's a good lad.
乖乖跟我走吧。  
Come on. You know I didn't do it! You know me!
快走!你知道我没偷,你了解我。  
Most unfortunate, Captain.
这样很不好,船长。  
Water... 14 feet above the keel in ten minutes
才十分钟,就淹水十四尺。  
In the forepeak, in all three holds and in the boiler room six.
前舱、三个货舱。
That's right, sir. When can we get under way, damn it?
和六号锅炉室进水,对,有五个舱进水。  
That's five compartments.
什么时候开船?  
She can stay afloat with the first four compartments breached...
四个舱进水还没问题。  
but not five-- not five.
五个舱就不行了。  
As she goes down bythe head the water...
船头会先下沉。 
will spill overthe tops of bulkheads at E deck from one to the next.
水会从E层溢过防水隔板,到下一个舱 。  
Back and back. There's no stopping it.
一直往后淹,没法阻隔。

妙语佳句
1.put back
放回原处;推迟;倒退;妨碍
Put back in pot, bring to light boil, stirring constantly, until cream thickens and becomes smooth.
再把混合物倒回锅里,开小火加热,持续地搅拌,直到奶油变稠变滑。
2.property
n. 性质,性能;财产;所有权
If you have a gradient field then it should have this property.
如果给定一个梯度场,那么它就应该满足这个性质。
3.lad
n. 少年,小伙子;家伙
Yet as a lad people had said of him that he was one who might do anything if he tried.
可是当他还是一个少年的时候,人们就说过,他是那种想做什么就能把什么做好的人。
4.forepeak
n. 船首舱;首尖舱
A forepeak halliard snapped and the highest top gallant spar was carried away.
船首舱的帆绳被猛烈的海风吹断,最高矗的船首细斜桅杆已经折断,消失得无影无踪。
5.compartment
n. [建] 隔间;区划;卧车上的小客房
vt. 分隔;划分
So easily did we get into our compartment, however, that I felt sure the worst was yet to come.
接着我们竟那样容易地走进了车厢,以至于我总觉得最糟糕的情况还会到来。
考考你
翻译
1.或许他趁你穿衣服时偷拿的。  
2.水会从E层溢过防水隔板,到下一个舱 。 
上期答案
1.Boiler room six is flooded eight feet above the plate.
2.Have you seen the damage in the mail hold?

分享到
重点单词
  • spillv. 溢出,洒,使 ... 流出,泄漏 n. 溢出,流
  • constantlyadv. 不断地,经常地
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • unfortunateadj. 不幸的,令人遗憾的,不成功的 n. 不幸的人
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具
  • smoothadj. 平稳的,流畅的,安祥的,圆滑的,搅拌均匀的,可