影视讲解《泰坦尼克号》第31期:受到嘲讽和排斥
日期:2012-11-08 18:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

He must have been nervous, but he never faltered.
他一定很紧张,却没有失态。  
They assumed he was one of them.
他们以为他也很富有。  
Heir to a rail road for tune, perhaps.
铁路世家小开什么的。  
New money, obviously, but still a member of the club.
可能发迹未久,但仍算是富人阶级。  
Mother, of course, could always be countedupon.
但妈还是不改本色。  
Tell us ofthe accommodations in steerage, Mr. Dawson.
道森先生,下舱住得还算舒服吗?  
I hear they're quite good on this ship.
我听说还不错。  
The best I've seen, ma'am. Hardly any rats.
好得不得了,没几只老鼠。  
Mr. Dawson is joining us from the third class.
他是从三等舱过来的。  
He was of some assistance to my fiancee last night.
他昨晚帮了我的未婚妻。  
It turns out that Mr. Dawson is quite a fine artist.
事实上,道森先生很会画画。  
He was kind enough to show me some of his work today.
我看了他的作品。  
Rose and I differ some what in our definition of fine art.
萝丝跟我对美术的看法,有非常大的差异。
Ismay: She may be mine on paper
这艘船虽然名义上是我的。  
but in the eyes of God, she belongs to Thomas Andrews.
但其实是安德鲁斯的。  
Just start from the outside and work your way in.
摆在外侧的先用。  
He knows every rivet in her, don't you, Thomas?
他对这船一清二楚。
Your ship is a wonder, truly.Thank you, Rose.
你的船真神奇,安德鲁斯先生,谢谢你,萝丝。
And how do you take your caviar, sir? No caviarfor me, thanks.
您的鱼子酱要怎么用?不用,我不爱鱼子酱.  
Never did like it much.And where, exactly, do you live, Mr. Dawson?
你住哪里,道森先生?

妙语佳句
1.falter
vi. 支吾;蹒跚地走
vt. 支吾地说;结巴地讲出
n. 踌躇;支吾;颤抖
That said, demand looks unlikely to falter altogether next year; and looking further ahead, some economists now think that the euro area's speed limit may be increasing.
这是说需求在明年大体不会踌躇不前,更长远来看,如今一些经济学家认为欧元区的速度发展极限可能正在升高。
2.steerage
统舱;舵效;操舵;驾驶;管理;士官的二等室
While millionaire passengers would grab headlines, vastly increased steerage capacity and accommodation for the growing middle class would drive economic success.
然而事实并不是这样,大富豪们紧盯着能成为报纸头条的信息不放(这艘船是如何的巨大、豪华、安全、快速),对于经济舱和专为正在成长阶段的中产阶级们准备的舱位的需求也在急速增长,这些因素促使这艘船最终选择了“经济上的成功”。
3.fiancee
(法)未婚妻
I think my fiancee may favor the sweater in the shop window.
我想我的未婚妻会喜欢商店橱窗的那件羊毛衫的。
4.definition
定义;[物] 清晰度;解说
Because echo which exist in many communication circumstance can badly influence audio definition, once the serious echo affect normal work of whole system, it is nessary to cancel audio echo.
在很多通信情况下会产生回音,他会严重影响语音的清晰度,一旦回音比较严重时会使得整个系统无法工作,因此需要消除回音。
考考你
翻译
1.他昨晚帮了我的未婚妻。  
2.萝丝跟我对美术的看法,有非常大的差异。
上期答案
1.She designs naughty lingerie, among her manytalents.
2.They love money, so just pretend like you own a gold mine.

分享到
重点单词
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • faltervi. 支吾地说,迟疑,蹒跚地走 vt. 支支吾吾地说话
  • tunen. 曲调,调子,和谐,协调,调整 vt. 调整,为 .
  • capacityn. 能力,容量,容积; 资格,职位 adj. (达到最
  • definitionn. 定义,阐释,清晰度
  • unlikelyadj. 不太可能的
  • circumstancen. 环境,(复数)境况,事件,详情
  • accommodationn. 住处,膳宿;适应,和解