影视讲解《泰坦尼克号》第42期:最后一次见到日光
日期:2012-12-07 21:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


That was the last time Titanic ever saw daylight.
那是泰坦尼克号最后一次见到日光。  
So we're up to dusk the night of the sinking.
是沉船当天的傍晚。  
Six hours to go. Incredible.
还差六小时,真不可思议。  
There's Smith and he's standing there and he's got the iceberg warning...
史密斯船长明明接到他妈的警告。  
in his fucking hand...excuse me...his hand, and he's ordering more speed.
抱歉我说粗话,但他还下令加速。  
26 years of experience working against him.
二十六年经验反而坏事。  
He figures anything big enough to sinkthe ship they're going to see in time to turn.
他以为可以看到再闪躲。  
but the ship's too big with too small a rudder.
但船的舵不够大。  
Doesn't corner worth a damn.
根本没法急转弯。  
Everything he knows is wrong.
他的知识害了他。  
It's quite proper, I assure you.
进来没关系。
This is the sitting room.
这是起居室  
Don't artists need good light?
什么? 
Will this light do? What?
这光线行吗?  
That is true.
光线很重要吧?   
but I'm not used to working in such horrible conditions.Monet!
对,但今天只好将就了,莫奈的画。  
Do you know his work? Of course.
你知道他的作品?当然。  
Look at his use of color here. Isn't he great?
你看他用色,真棒。  
I know, it's extraordinary.
对啊,好棒。

妙语佳句
1.incredible
adj. 难以置信的,惊人的
So when you take responsibility for your life and your results, you give yourself the opportunity to maximize your incredible potential.
所以当你对生活和你的结果负责时,你就会给自己一个机会,以使你惊人的潜力达到最大化。
2.work against
对…不利;违背
As we go along, you'll see how perspective can be made to work for you, or, if improperly applied, can work against you.
随着我们的深入,您将看到透视图是怎样被用来为您工作的,或者,如果被不正确地应用,它是如何阻碍您工作的。
3.horrible
adj. 可怕的;极讨厌的
But if I did provide readers with this guidance, I would then face the next horrible challenge: meeting expectations.
但假如我真的为读者提供了这个指引,那我将面对下一个恐怖的挑战:实现预期。
4.extraordinary
adj. 非凡的;特别的;离奇的;临时的;特派的
That would be a bad idea at any time; in a period when the state must tighten its belt it is an extraordinary proposal.
无论处于哪个时代,这都不是一个好主意,尤其在国家应该勒紧裤腰带过日子的时候,这更是一个离奇的提案。
考考你
翻译
1.二十六年经验反而坏事。   
2.那是泰坦尼克号最后一次见到日光。 
上期答案
1.Keep your eyes closed, don't peek.
2.Hold on to the railing.

分享到
重点单词
  • assurevt. 使确信,使放心,确保
  • maximizev. 取 ... 最大值,最佳化,对 ... 极为重视
  • guidancen. 引导,指导
  • incredibleadj. 难以置信的,惊人的
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的
  • orderingn. [计]定序;排序;订购 v. 命令;指挥;订购(o
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • ruddern. 舵,方向舵,指导原则