影视讲解《泰坦尼克号》第38期:救生艇数目不够
日期:2012-11-28 16:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


And why do you have two steering wheels?
为何有两个舵轮?  
We really only use this near shore.
靠岸时用这个。  
Excuse me, sir. Another ice warning. This one's from the Noordam.
努尔丹号传来的冰山警讯。  
Thank you, Sparks.
谢谢。  
Oh, not to worry. Quite normal for this time of year.
别担心,在这季节很常见。  
In fact, we're speeding up.
事实上我们正在加速。  
I've just ordered the last boilers lit.
最后四个锅炉也点燃了。  
Okay, son, wind it up tight like I showed you.
好好的绕,对了。  
Okay, now, let it go.
甩出去。 
Was good, wasn't it? Quite nice.
很好吧。  
That's excellent, son.
很好。  
Mr. Andrews, forgive me...
安德鲁斯先生,对不起,我算了一下。  
I did the sum in my head and with the number of lifeboats times the capacity you mentioned.
救生艇数目乘上每艘容量。  
forgive me, but it seems that there are not enough for everyone aboard.
好像不够载所有的乘客。  
About half, actually.
只能载一半的人。  
Rose, you miss nothing, do you? ln fact, I put in these new type davits
什么都骗不过你,若用新式的悬吊臂。  
which can take an extra row of boats inside this one
可再挂一排救生艇。  
but it was thought by some that the deck would look too cluttered
有人说这样看来太拥挤。  
so I was over ruled.
所以计划没被采纳。  
Waste of deck space as it is on an unsinkable ship.
的确太浪费甲板空间。  
Sleep soundly, young Rose. I have built you a good ship, strong and true.
安心吧,我这艘船坚固得很。

妙语佳句
1.steering wheels
方向盘
Racing games found in arcades have steering wheels and pedals; wheels such as Logitech's NASCAR Racing Wheel can now be bought for use at home by those truly obsessed with driving simulators.
赛车游戏安装在有方向盘和踏板的拱形空间内;真心着迷于汽车模拟游戏的玩家现在可以买到在家中就能使用的方向盘操纵杆,比如罗技的“纳斯卡赛车方向盘”。
2.speed up
加速;使加速
If you have such a processor you have certainly seen your programs speed up.
如果您有这样的处理器,那么您肯定看到您的程序加速了。
3.wind up
结束;使紧张;卷起
If the Ukrainians can swallow hard and accept the terms, Ukraine could wind up with the status of a Norway or Switzerland, deeply linked to the EU though not part of it.
如果乌克兰人能够尽释前嫌并接受这一提议,那么乌克兰可能将结束一种挪威或瑞典式的情况——尽管不是欧盟的一部分却与其联系颇深。
4.davit
n. 吊艇柱;吊柱
Lifeboat davits and their foundation in good condition , no excessive corrosion of structures in way of sheaves , wire end eye plates and other tension parts.
艇架及基座结构情况良好无明显锈蚀、卡死现象,特别是检查滑轮背面部分、钢索末端眼板等受力部件的腐蚀情况。
考考你
翻译
1.好像不够载所有的乘客。  
2.有人说这样看来太拥挤。 
上期答案
1.I want to remind you that you hold a third-class ticket.
2.Gentlemen, will you please see that Mr. Dawson gets to where he belongs.

分享到
重点单词
  • tensionn. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压 vt. 使
  • rown. 排,船游,吵闹 vt. 划船,成排 vi. 划船,
  • excessiveadj. 过多的,过分的
  • capacityn. 能力,容量,容积; 资格,职位 adj. (达到最
  • obsessedadj. 着迷的
  • foundationn. 基础,根据,建立 n. 粉底霜,基金会
  • corrosionn. 侵蚀(腐蚀,锈)
  • swallown. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量 vt. 吞下,咽下,忍受
  • wheeln. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转 vi. 旋转,转动
  • statusn. 地位,身份,情形,状况