影视讲解《泰坦尼克号》第21期:英雄救美差点遭人误会
日期:2012-10-05 10:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

What's all this?
这是怎么回事?  
You stand back! And don't move an inch!
你退后!不要动! 
Fetch the master-at-arms! Care for a brandy?
去叫纠察长。 
This is completely unacceptable! What made you think
怎么可以这样?  
that you could put your hands on my fiancee?
是谁允许你碰我未婚妻的? 
Look at me, you filth! Cal...
看着我,你这下流的东西! 
What do you think you were doing?
卡尔,你们干了什么好事? 
Cal, stop.
卡尔别这样。
It was an accident. An accident?
那是个意外,意外?  
It was. Stupid really.
对啊,真是难为情。  
I was leaning over, and I slipped.
我趴在栏杆上,结果滑倒了。  
I was leaning far over to see the, uh...
我趴在栏杆上,想看。
uh... uh... the, uh... uh...
想看。
Propellers? propellers and I slipped.
推进器吗?对,结果我滑倒了。  
And I would have gone over board but Mr. Dawson here saved me.
我差点掉下去,是道森先生救了我。  
and almost went over himself.
他也差点掉下去。  
You wanted to see... She wanted to see the propellers.
她想看推进器!  
Like I said, women and machinery do not mix.
我说嘛,女人碰上机器就完了。  
Was that the way of it?
事情是这样的吗?  
Yeah. Yeah, that was pretty much it.
对,差不多。  
Well, the boy's a hero then. Good for you, son. Well done.
这孩子英雄救美,好极了,孩子。  
Look at you. You must be freezing. Let's get you inside.
看,你一定冻坏了,快进去吧。  
Perhaps a little something for the boy.
该给点奖赏吧?  
Of course. Mr. Lovejoy, I think a 20 should do it.
应该的,赖福杰先生,二十元够吧?  
Is that the going rate for saving the woman you love?
我的行情就只有这么一点吗?  
Rose is displeased. What to do?
萝丝不满意,该怎么办呢?  
I know.
有了。  
Perhaps you could join us for dinner tomorrow evening.
就请你明晚跟我们一起用餐吧。  
to regale our group with...your heroic tale.
还可以向我们叙述,你英勇救人的故事。

妙语佳句
1.stand back
退后;往后站;不介入
If these lessons are to sink in, central bankers must stand back—as, by and large, they have done.
如果人们明白了这些教训,就应该让中央银行往后站,正如到目前为止人们所努力的大体趋势那样。
2.master-at-arms
纠察长;卫兵士官)
Something my old master-at-arms told me. 'Never go to battle naked, lad, ' he said.
我以前的长官告诉我。‘千万别裸身上战场,男孩。’
3.fiancee
(法)未婚妻
But even his fiancee was surprised when Shtefano told her he was making her wedding dress out of flour, eggs, sugar and caramel.
但即便是他的未婚妻也在听说要为她做件结婚礼服时大感吃惊 是用面粉,鸡蛋,白糖和焦糖来做。
4.lean over
倾身(弯下身子)
Occasionally Bassil would lean over to flirt with Chris, an Australian with curly golden locks, leaving Lara and me to talk.
巴斯尔每年都要到贝鲁特来。 他有时会探过身去和长着蜷曲金发的澳大利亚人克利斯调情,让拉勒和我谈话。
5.propeller
n. [航][船] 螺旋桨;推进器
Given that our survey work was close to complete I decided for the group to leave two days early on the shoddy propeller.
为了让我们的调研工作有个完美的结局,我决定靠这个假冒的推进器早两天离开。
考考你
翻译
1.是谁允许你碰我未婚妻的?
2.我差点掉下去,是道森先生救了我。
上期答案
1.I'm not the one hanging off the back of a ship here.
2.I'm going to have to get you to write that one down.

分享到
重点单词
  • occasionallyadv. 偶尔地
  • machineryn. (总称)机器,机械
  • regalevt. 盛情招待 n. 款待
  • sinkn. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器 vi. 下沉,下落,
  • flirtn. 卖弄风骚的人,调情的人 vi. 掠过,轻率对待,调
  • displeasedadj. 不快的;生气的 v. 使…不快(displea
  • shoddyn. 次品,劣质产品 adj. 劣质的
  • surveyv. 调查,检查,测量,勘定,纵览,环视 n. 调查,纵
  • unacceptableadj. 不能接受的,不受欢迎的
  • heroicadj. 英雄的,英勇的,巨大的