影视讲解《泰坦尼克号》第8期:保存在深海84年的画
日期:2012-08-30 16:57

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Your expedition is at the center of a storm of controversy.
你们的探险在一场激烈的争论之中。
over salvage rights and even ethics.
像打捞权和道德问题。  
Many are calling you a grave robber.
很多人批评你是在发死人财。
Nobody called the recovery of artifacts of King Tut's tomb "grave robbing."
这是见仁见智的。
What is it? Turn that up, dear.
什么事?把电视转大声点大声点。  
I have museum-trained experts out here making sure.
我们请了很多专家。    
that these relics are preserved and catalogued properly.
所有发现的物品都会被妥善保存。  
Take a look at this drawing that we found just today.
看我们今天发现的这幅画。  
A piece of paper that's been underwater for 84 years.
它在海底已经八十四年了。  
and my team were able to preserve it intact.
我们却能加以保存。  
Should this have remained unseen at the bottom ofthe ocean for eternity?
难道这应该永远留在海底?  
I'll be goddamned.
有这种事?  
Brock! There's a satellite call for you.
布洛克!有找你的卫星电话。   
Bobby, we're launching. You see these submersibles going in the water?
鲍比,我们要下海了,看到潜艇没有?  
Trust me, buddy. You want to take this call.
相信我,不接你会后悔的。  
This better be good.
最好别骗我。  
You got to speak up. She's kind of old.
你得大声点,她年纪很大了。  
Great. This Brock Lovett.
好极了,这是罗威特。
How can I help you, Mrs.Calvert. Rose Calvert.
请问题有何指教?卡维特太太,萝丝·卡维特。  
Mrs. Calvert?
卡维特太太?

妙语佳句
1.at the center of
在...中心
Whatever is at the center of your life is what you worship.
你的生活中心无论是什么都是你所崇拜的那个。
2.controversy
争论;论战;辩论
Their findings have not been published, perhaps because of the controversy.
他们的发现尚未发表,或许是由于这一争议。
3.artifacts
史前古器物;人工产品
First, it is not that difficult, because there are not so many roles, activities, and artifacts in the PMBOK.
第一,它不是那么困难的,因为在项目管理知识体系中有很多的角色、活动和工件。
4.preserved
保藏的;腌制的;喝醉的
In the summer, large crops of fruit may be preserved by freezing or bottling.
夏天大量水果可以通过冷藏或瓶装加以保存。
5.at the bottom of
欺骗,欺诈;在底端
Each demo contains a navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
每个演示都包含在屏幕底部的一个导航栏。
考考你
翻译
1.难道这应该永远留在海底?  
2.这张纸在海底已经八十四年了。
上期答案
1.He has chartered Russian subs to reach.
2.Everyone knows the familiar stories of Titanic.

分享到
重点单词
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • preservedadj. 保藏的;腌制的;[美俚]喝醉的
  • screenn. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风 v. 放映,选拔,掩蔽,遮蔽
  • ethicsn. 道德规范
  • expeditionn. 远征,探险队,迅速
  • preservev. 保存,保留,维护 n. 蜜饯,禁猎区
  • salvagen. 海上救助,打捞,抢救 vt. 海上救助,打捞,抢救
  • intactadj. 完好无缺的,原封不动的,未经触碰的
  • controversyn. (公开的)争论,争议
  • navigationn. 航行,航海,导航