有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第359期:第二十四章 僵局(11)
日期:2014-09-25 14:25

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

Then she sighed and glanced guiltily over her shoulder at the big, round clock on the wall.
然后她叹了口气,满怀歉意地越过自己的肩膀看向墙上的那个大圆钟。
"Do you need to go?"
“你要离开了吗?”
She bit her lip. "Phil's supposed to call in a little while… I didn't know you were going to wake up…"
她咬住唇。“菲尔过会儿会打电话来……我不知道你醒了。”
"No problem, Mom." I tried to tone down the relief so she wouldn't get her feelings hurt. "I won't be alone."
“没关系,妈妈。”我试图让自己的如释重负不那么明显,这样她就不会觉得受伤了。“我不会孤单的。”
"I'll be back soon. I've been sleeping here, you know," she announced, proud of herself.
“我很快回来。我要睡在这里,你知道的。”她宣布道,显然很为自己感到自豪。
"Oh, Mom, you don't have to do that! You can sleep at home I'll never notice." The swirl of painkillers in my brain was making it hard to concentrate even now, though, apparently, I'd been sleeping for days.
“哦,妈妈,你不必这样做!你可以睡在家里——我根本没注意到这样做的差别。”止痛药在我脑子里带来的眩晕现在让我更难集中注意力了,尽管,很显然,我已经睡了好几天了。
"I was too nervous," she admitted sheepishly. "There's been some crime in the neighborhood, and I don't like being there alone."
“我只是很不安。”她怯懦得承认道。“附近的街区发生了一些犯罪行为,我不想要独自待在家里。”
"Crime?" I asked in alarm.
“犯罪?”我警惕地问道。
"Someone broke into that dance studio around the corner from the house and burned it to the ground there's nothing left at all! And they left a stolen car right out front. Do you remember when you used to dance there, honey?"
“有些人闯进了我们家拐角处的那间舞蹈教室,把它烧成了白地——什么都没留下来!然后他们还留了一辆偷来的车在门口。你还记得吗,你以前曾经去过那里上舞蹈课呢,甜心?”
"I remember." I shivered, and winced.
“我记得。”我颤抖着,然后畏缩起来。
"I can stay, baby, if you need me."
“我可以留下来,宝贝,只要你需要我。”
"No, Mom, I'll be fine. Edward will be with me."
“不,妈妈,我很好。爱德华会陪着我的。”
She looked like that might be why she wanted to stay. "I'll be back tonight." It sounded as much like a warning as it sounded like a promise, and she glanced at Edward again as she said it.
她脸上的表情写着这就是她想留下来的原因。“今晚我会回来的。”与其说是一个保证,这听起来更像是一个警告。当她说话的时候,她又瞥了一眼爱德华。
"I love you, Mom."
“我爱你,妈妈。”

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

guiltily
内疚地;有罪地
When I asked him what he was doing,he smiled guiltily and then put the parcel on the desk.
我问他正在做什么,他内疚地笑笑,然后把那个包放到书桌上。

supposed to
猜想会; 应该
The ghost of Lady Margaret is supposed to haunt this chapel.
据说玛格丽特女士的鬼魂常在这个礼拜堂出没。
I'm supposed to get a raise.
我应该涨工资。

The swirl of painkillers
止痛药带来的眩晕

I was too nervous,
我只是很不安。

I asked in alarm.
我警惕地问道。

I shivered, and winced.
我颤抖着,然后畏缩起来。

分享到
重点单词
  • reliefn. 减轻,解除,救济(品), 安慰,浮雕,对比 adj
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • hauntn. 常到的地方 vt. 常到,缠住,出没(像鬼魂一样)
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • chapeln. 小礼拜堂,礼拜仪式,私人祈祷处,唱诗班,印刷厂工会
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物
  • announced宣布的
  • parceln. 包裹,一块(土地),部分 vt. 打包,分配