有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第288期:第十七章 游戏(13)
日期:2014-03-19 18:50

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"Aren't you going to put on your seat belt?"

“你不打算系上你的安全带吗?”

He threw me a disbelieving look.

他用质疑的眼神看着我。

Then something sunk in.

然后某件事闯入了我的脑海。

"Run the whole way? As in, we're still going to run part of the way?" My voice edged up a few octaves.

“一路上都用跑的?这就是说,我们还得跑上一段路吗?”我的声音不知不觉提高了八个音阶。

He grinned tightly. "You're not going to run."

他紧张地咧嘴一笑。“你不必跑。”

"I'm going to be sick."

“我会晕过去的。”

"Keep your eyes closed, you'll be fine."

“把眼睛闭上,你会没事的。”

I bit my lip, fighting the panic.

我咬住唇,竭力抑制住恐惧。

He leaned over to kiss the top of my head, and then groaned. I looked at him, puzzled.

他侧过身来,吻了吻我的头顶,然后叹息起来。我困惑地看着他。

"You smell so good in the rain," he explained.

“雨里的你闻起来很不错。”他解释道。

"In a good way, or in a bad way?" I asked cautiously.

“这是好事,还是坏事?”我谨慎地问道。

He sighed. "Both, always both."

他叹了口气。“两者都有,通常都是两者都有。”

I don't know how he found his way in the gloom and downpour, but he somehow found a side road that was less of a road and more of a mountain

path. For a long while conversation was impossible, because I was bouncing up and down on the seat like a jackhammer. He seemed to enjoy the ride, though, smiling hugely the whole way.

我不知道他是怎么在一片黑暗和倾盆大雨里找着路的,但他终究找到了一条辅路,与其说是马路,不如说是山间小路。有很长一段时间我们根本没办法谈话,因为我一直像只手提钻一样在座位上弹上弹下。不过,他似乎很喜欢在这样的路上开车,一路上他都在大笑着。

And then we came to the end of the road; the trees formed green walls on three sides of the Jeep. The rain was a mere drizzle, slowing every second, the sky brighter through the clouds.

然后,我们到达了路的尽头。树木筑成了绿色的藩篱,围绕在越野车的三侧。雨每一秒都在减弱,已经变成了一种毛毛细雨,云层后的天空变得稍微明亮些了。

"Sorry, Bella, we have to go on foot from here."

“抱歉,贝拉,从这里开始我们就得走过去了。”

"You know what? I'll just wait here."

“你知道我怎么打算吗?我会在这里等你。”

"What happened to all your courage? You were extraordinary this morning."

“你的勇气都到哪里去了?今天早上你还特别勇敢的。”


《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

1. edge up

渐升,微升;由边上慢慢靠拢

eg. But unlike most celebrity romances, there's a happy ending: "People" magazine saw its circulation edge up by 2 percent.

但非明星罗曼史的杂志们可能会有个好结局——《人物》杂志的发行量上升了两个百分点。

eg. The September trade gap is expected to edge up to $31.60 billion from $30.71 billion the previous month, according to economists polled by Thomson Reuters.

据接受汤森路透访问的分析师预期,美国9月贸易逆差料小幅攀升至316亿美元,前月为逆差307.1亿.

2. bit my lip

咬住嘴唇

eg. I bit my lip to keep from crying out as we reached the basement door which was locked.

我紧咬嘴唇,尽力不让自己哭出来,随后我们到达地下室门口,门是锁着的。

eg. To prove him wrong, I bit my lip to keep from crying.

为了证明不是这么回事,我一直咬着嘴唇没哭出来。

3. up and down

上上下下;到处;前前后后;来来往往

eg. He looked me up and down.

他开始上下打量我。

eg. “ Cortisol and adrenaline go up and down, ” he said.

“皮质醇和肾上腺素升高和降低,”他说。

分享到
重点单词
  • circulationn. 流通,循环,发行量,消息传播
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • celebrityn. 名人,名誉,社会名流
  • puzzledadj. 困惑的;搞糊涂的;茫然的
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的
  • panicn. 恐慌 adj. 惊慌的 vt. 使 ... 惊慌
  • basementn. 根基,地下室 n.(新英格兰)特别指学校中的