有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第312期:第十八章 猎杀(11)
日期:2014-04-30 15:31

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

They stared at me, stunned.

他们都震惊地看着我。

"It's not a bad idea, really." Emmett's surprise was definitely an insult.

“这主意不坏,真的。”艾美特的惊讶显然有些傲慢无礼。

"It might work — and we simply can't leave her father unprotected. You know that," Alice said.

“这会有用的——我们只要不让他父亲脱离保护就行。你知道那种事。”爱丽丝说道。

Everyone looked at Edward.

每个人都在看着爱德华。

"It's too dangerous — I don't want him within a hundred miles of her."

“这太危险了——我不想让他接近她周围方圆一百码的地方。”

Emmett was supremely confident. "Edward, he's not getting through us."

艾美特自信得快要爆出来了。“爱德华,他不可能从我们这里通过。”

Alice thought for a minute. "I don't see him attacking. He'll try to wait for us to leave her alone."

爱丽丝思索了一分钟。“我没看见他采取进攻。他试图等到我们离开,留下她一个人的时候。”

"It won't take long for him to realize that's not going to happen."

“用不了多久他就会意识到这不会发生的。”

"I demand that you take me home." I tried to sound firm.

“我请求你,带我回家。”我试图让自己听起来坚定些。

Edward pressed his fingers to his temples and squeezed his eyes shut.

爱德华用手指按住自己的鬓角,紧紧地闭上了双眼。

"Please," I said in a much smaller voice.

“求你了。”我用更小的声音说道。

He didn't look up. When he spoke, his voice sounded worn.

他没有抬头。当他说话时,他的声音听起来很疲倦。

"You're leaving tonight, whether the tracker sees or not. You tell Charlie that you can't stand another minute in Forks. Tell him whatever story works. Pack the first things your hands touch, and then get in your truck. I don't care what he says to you. You have fifteen minutes. Do you hear me? Fifteen minutes from the time you cross the doorstep."

“不管那个追猎者有没有看见,你今晚就得动身。你告诉查理,你不想在福克斯多呆一分钟。什么故事管用就跟他说什么。把你手边的东西打包起来,然后回到卡车上。我不在乎他对你说什么。你有十五分钟的时间。你听见我说的话了吗?从你踏上门阶起,十五分钟。”

The Jeep rumbled to life, and he spun us around, the tires squealing. The needle on the speedometer started to race up the dial.

越野车又隆隆地发动起来,他原地急转,把我们都甩到了一旁,轮胎发出尖锐的摩擦声。里程计上的指针开始飞快地划过表盘。


《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

1. get through

通过

eg. I think you can get through the first two chapters.

我想你能完成前两章。

eg. It is hard to see how people will get through the winter.

很难想像人们将怎样熬过这个冬天。

2. wait for

等候

eg. Where do I wait for the express to Edinburgh?

我到哪里等候开往爱丁堡的快车呢?

eg. We should not wait for anything except the immediate promptings of the moment.

我们不应该等待着任何事,除了即刻的瞬间的提示。

3. spin around

转体

eg. Now, let's say instead of just trying to push this mass, I am going to make it spin around something.

现在,我们就不说“推动”了,要让它围绕某个东西旋转。

eg. Half the group was lucky enough to get out of bed for an hour a day to spin around in the NASA Short-Range Human Centrifuge.

其中一半人有幸每天下床,在美国航空航天局(NASA)的短距人体离心机里进行旋转体验。

分享到
重点单词
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • massn. 块,大量,众多 adj. 群众的,大规模的 v.
  • spinv. (使)旋转,疾驰,纺织,结网,眩晕 n. 纺织,旋
  • immediateadj. 立即的,即刻的,直接的,最接近的
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • confidentadj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的 adj. 易
  • centrifugen. 离心分离机
  • insultvt. 侮辱,凌辱,辱骂 n. 侮辱,辱骂
  • needlen. 针 vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄 vi. 缝纫