有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第247期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(16)
日期:2014-01-12 13:14

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

He shrugged, allowing that, and we both laughed in whispers.

他耸耸肩,对此表示默认,然后我们都低声地大笑起来。

"But how can it be so easy now?" I pressed. "This afternoon…"

“可这一切现在为什么会变得那么容易呢?”我强调道。“今天下午……”

"It's not easy," he sighed. "But this afternoon, I was still… undecided. I am sorry about that, it was unforgivable for me to behave so."

“这并不容易,”他叹息着说。“但今天下午,我依然……犹豫不决。我对此很抱歉,我居然做出那样的事,实在是不可原谅。”

"Not unforgivable," I disagreed.

“并不是不可原谅的。”我不同意。

"Thank you." He smiled. "You see," he continued, looking down now, "I wasn't sure if I was strong enough…" He picked up one of my hands and pressed it lightly to his face. "And while there was still that possibility that I might be… overcome" — he breathed in the scent at my wrist — "I was… susceptible. Until I made up my mind that I was strong enough, that there was no possibility at all that I would… that I ever could…"

“谢谢。”他笑了起来。“你看,”他继续说着,却垂下了头。“我不能肯定我是否足够坚强……”他拿起我的一只手,轻轻地按在他脸上。“依然存在着这样的可能性,我可能会被……征服”——他深吸着我手腕上的味道——“我还是……很容易受影响。只有当我下定决心时,我才足够坚强。这样才不会有任何可能性,任何我会……我可能……”

I'd never seen him struggle so hard for words. It was so… human.

我从没见过他这样艰难地挣扎着,选择着合适的词语。这一切是那么的……像人类。

"So there's no possibility now?"

“所以现在没有任何可能性咯?”

"Mind over matter," he repeated, smiling, his teeth bright even in the darkness.

“精神胜于物质。”他重复道,笑了起来,他的皓齿即使在黑暗中依然是那么的明亮。

"Wow, that was easy," I said.

“哇噢,那就容易多了。”我说道。

He threw back his head and laughed, quietly as a whisper, but still exuberantly.

他仰起头,大笑起来,安静地像在耳语,但依然生气勃勃。

"Easy for you!" he amended, touching my nose with his fingertip.

“对你来说是容易!”他更正道,用指尖轻抚着我的鼻子。

And then his face was abruptly serious.

然后他的脸忽然严峻起来。


《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

1. pick up

捡起;获得;收拾;不费力地学会

eg. He picked his cap up from the floor and stuck it back on his head.

他从地板上捡起帽子,重新戴在头上。

eg. Tony picked himself up and set off along the track.

托尼慢慢站起,沿道跑起来。

2. make up my mind

下决心

eg. I can’t make up my mind about what to have for dessert.

本句的意思是:餐后吃什么甜点,我还没能做出决定。

eg. I make up my mind to study management in college.

我下决心在大学里攻读管理学。

3. not at all

一点也不;别客气

eg. Not at all if those motions are a natural outgrowth of what you are saying.

如果那些动作是你谈话的自然衍生,那么就一点也不糟糕。

eg. "No, not at all, " she said, nibbling away at his ear.

女孩在小伙子耳边轻轻说道:“不,根本不是。”

分享到
重点单词
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • wristn. 手腕,护腕
  • abruptlyadv. 突然地,莽撞地,陡峭地,不连贯地
  • whispern. 低语,窃窃私语,飒飒的声音 vi. 低声说,窃窃私
  • scentn. 气味,香味,痕迹 vt. 闻出,发觉,使充满味道,
  • overcomevt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了 vi. 获
  • outgrowthn. 自然结果,副产品,长出,长出物
  • susceptibleadj. 易受外界影响的,易受感染的