有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第355期:第二十四章 僵局(7)
日期:2014-09-19 17:58

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"Mom!" I whispered, my voice full of love and relief.
“妈妈!”我低声说着,我的声音里充满了热爱和宽慰。
She took in Edward's still form on the recliner, and tiptoed to my bedside.
爱德华依旧维持着一动不动地睡在躺椅上的姿势,她看在眼里,踮着脚走的我的床边。
"He never leaves, does he?" she mumbled to herself.
“他一直待在这里,不是吗?”她低声自言自语着。
"Mom, I'm so glad to see you!"
“妈妈,我真高兴看到你!”
She bent down to hug me gently, and I felt warm tears falling on my cheeks.
她俯下身子,温柔地拥抱着我,我感觉到热泪正从我脸上留下来。
"Bella, I was so upset!"
“贝拉,我真担心!”
"I'm sorry, Mom. But everything's fine now, it's okay," I comforted her.
“对不起,妈妈。但现在没事了,已经没事了。”我安慰着她。
"I'm just glad to finally see your eyes open." She sat on the edge of my bed.
“我真高兴,我最终看到你睁开眼睛了。”她在我的床沿上坐了下来。
I suddenly realized I didn't have any idea when it was. "How long have they been closed?"
我忽然意识到我还不知道现在是什么时候。“我的眼睛是从什么时候起闭上的?”
"It's Friday, hon, you've been out for a while."
“今晚是星期五,亲爱的,你睡了很长一段时间。”
"Friday?" I was shocked. I tried to remember what day it had been when… but I didn't want to think about that.
“星期五?”我吃了一惊。我试图记起那件事是哪天发生的……但我不愿意去想它。
"They had to keep you sedated for a while, honey you've got a lot of injuries."
“他们不得不一直给你使用镇静剂,用了好长一段时间,甜心——你弄出了很多伤口。”
"I know." I could feel them.
“我知道。”我能感觉到这些伤口的存在。
"You're lucky Dr. Cullen was there. He's such a nice man… very young, though. And he looks more like a model than a doctor…"
“你真幸运,卡伦医生就在那里。他真是个好人……不过,太年轻了点。他看上去更像一个模特,而非医生……”
"You met Carlisle?"
“你见到卡莱尔了?”
"And Edward's sister Alice. She's a lovely girl."
“还有爱德华的妹妹爱丽丝。她是个可爱的女孩。”
"She is," I agreed wholeheartedly.
“她确实是。”我完全赞成。

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

full of love and relief
充满了热爱和宽慰

on the recliner
在躺椅上
Don't scrape your feet on the floor.
别用脚蹭著地板。
I hit him fair and square on the jaw.
我不偏不倚打中他的下巴。

mumbled
喃喃而语;咕哝
He mumbled a few words and left.
他咕哝了几句便走了。
The old woman mumbled a prayer.
这位老妇人咕哝着作祷告。

hug me gently
轻轻地抱着我
Even one of them hug me with his chest suddenly.
即使他们之中有一位突然把我拥到他胸前.
If I was a candle would you hold me gently?
你会尽可能接近我么?

for a while
暂时; 一会儿
Now that I am free, I can enjoy music for a while.
既然有空,我可以享受一下音乐。
Could you please keep silent for a while?
你能不能清静一会儿?

wholeheartedly
尽力;全心全意地
We will support you wholeheartedly.
我们将会全心全意地支持您。
Harris will back me up wholeheartedly as he used to.
哈里斯会像过去一样全心全意地支持我。

分享到
重点单词
  • prayern. 祈祷,祷告,祷文 v. 祷告,祷文
  • reliefn. 减轻,解除,救济(品), 安慰,浮雕,对比 adj
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • bentbend的过去式和过去分词 adj. 下定决心的,弯曲的
  • candlen. 蜡烛