有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第284期:第十七章 游戏(9)
日期:2014-03-13 18:27

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"What did you do with yourself today?" he asked, snapping me out of my reverie.

“你今天一个人都做了些什么?”他问道,猛地把我从沉思里拉了出来。

"Well, this afternoon I just hung out around the house…" Only the very recent part of this afternoon, actually. I tried to keep my voice upbeat, but my stomach was hollow. "And this morning I was over at the Cullens'."

“嗯,今天下午我只是在屋外到处转了转……”事实上,只是在下午很晚的时候。我试图让自己的声音显得很快乐,但我实在是有些心虚。“还有今天早上,我去了卡伦家。”

Charlie dropped his fork.

查理的叉子掉了下来。

"Dr. Cullen's place?" he asked in astonishment.

“卡伦医生那里?”他惊愕地问道。

I pretended not to notice his reaction. "Yeah."

我假装没注意到他的反应。“是的。”

"What were you doing there?" He hadn't picked his fork back up.

“你去那里做什么?”他没有捡起他的叉子。

"Well, I sort of have a date with Edward Cullen tonight, and he wanted to introduce me to his parents… Dad?"

“嗯,我今晚跟爱德华·卡伦算是有个约会,而他想先把我介绍给他的父母……爸爸?”

It appeared that Charlie was having an aneurysm.

查理看上去像是得了动脉瘤。

"Dad, are you all right?"

“爸爸,你还好吧?”

"You are going out with Edward Cullen?" he thundered.

“你要和爱德华·卡伦出去?”他怒吼道。

Uh-oh. "I thought you liked the Cullens."

啊噢。“我还以为你喜欢卡伦家的人。”

"He's too old for you," he ranted.

“他对你来说太老了。”他怒气冲冲地叫嚷着。

"We're both juniors," I corrected, though he was more right than he dreamed.

“我们都是高中生。”我更正道,虽然他比他料到的还要正确。

"Wait…" He paused. "Which one is Edwin?"

“等等……”他顿了顿。“哪个是埃德温?”

"Edward is the youngest, the one with the reddish brown hair." The beautiful one, the godlike one…

“爱德华是最小的那个,长着红棕色头发的那个。”最俊美的那个,最像天神的那个……

"Oh, well, that's" — he struggled — "better, I guess. I don't like the look of that big one. I'm sure he's a nice boy and all, but he looks too… mature for you. Is this Edwin your boyfriend?"

“哦,好吧,那”——他挣扎着——“好多了,我猜。我不喜欢那个老大的长相。我相信他各方面都是个不错的男孩,但他看上去太……对你来说,太成熟了。那个埃德温是你的男朋友吗?”


《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

1. snap out of

从…中摆脱出来

eg. If you could snap out of that habit and initiate the realisation that you are then you can being to break that habit and start feeling better.

如果你能跳出那个习惯,重新认知到这一点,那你就可以开始打破那个习惯并开始过得好受一些。

eg. Some friends asked me “Why do you need to be depressed?”, “Snap out of it!” – if I have not de-friended these people by now I certainly have kept my distance.

有些朋友问我”你为什么会得抑郁症“,有些朋友说"你要振作起来"------如果目前我还没有和这些人断绝朋友关系,我肯定会和他们保持距离。

2. in astonishment

惊讶地

eg. I know that some people would say yes, shoot up their hands, and they look around in astonishment that no one else is with them.

我知道有人会说没问题,一下子把手举起,看看周围,惊讶地发现只有自己举手。

eg. The lady watches in astonishment as the dog zooms over to the shop attendant and furiously devours an apple he has produced from his pocket.

小狗闪电般飞到服务员跟前,疯狂地吞食他从口袋里拿出来的苹果,这一幕让女士非常惊讶。

3. go out with

和…出去;与某人约会

eg. In America, they go out with their friends.

在美国,他们与他们的朋友出去。

eg. Instant romance could be yours if you go out with friends.

如果和朋友聚会,可能会有一见钟情的浪漫情缘。

分享到
重点单词
  • reverien. 幻想,白日梦 =revery
  • attendantadj. 伴随的 n. 服务员,侍从,伴随物,出席者
  • depressedadj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平
  • hollown. 洞,窟窿,山谷 adj. 空的,虚伪的,空腹的 v
  • matureadj. 成熟的,(保单)到期的,考虑周到的 v. 成熟
  • initiaten. 创始人 adj. 新加入的 vt. 开始,创始,启
  • reactionn. 反应,反作用力,化学反应
  • astonishmentn. 惊讶,令人惊讶的事