有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第3期:父女相见
日期:2012-02-24 11:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Charlie gave me an awkward, one-armed hug when I stumbled my way off the plane.
我晃晃悠悠地下了飞机以后,查理笨拙地用单手拥抱了我一下。
"It's good to see you, Bells," he said, smiling as he automatically caught and steadied me.
“见到你很高兴,贝尔,”他不假思索地伸手稳住了我,笑着说,
"You haven't changed much. How's Renée?"
“你变化不大嘛。蕾妮好吗?”
"Mom's fine. It's good to see you, too, Dad."
“妈妈还好。见到你我也很高兴,爸爸。”
I wasn't allowed to call him Charlie to his face.
他们不让我当着他的面直呼其名,叫他查理。
I had only a few bags. Most of my Arizona clothes were too permeable for Washington.
我只有几个袋子。我在亚利桑那州穿的衣服,对于华盛顿州来说大都太不挡雨了。
My mom and I had pooled our resources to supplement my winter wardrobe, but it was still scanty.
我和妈妈已经把我们的钱凑起来,给我新添了冬天穿的衣服了,但还是没多少。
It all fit easily into the trunk of the cruiser.
巡逻车的后备箱轻轻松松就全装下了。

暮光之城 暮色

"I found a good car for you, really cheap," he announced when we were strapped in.
“我弄到了一辆适合你开的好车,真的很便宜,”我们系好安全带后,他说。
"What kind of car?" I was suspicious of the way he said "good car for you" as opposed to just "good car."
“什么样的车?”他放着简简单单的“好车”不说,偏说“适合你开的好车”,这让我起了疑心。
"Well, it's a truck actually, a Chevy."
“噢,实际上是一辆卡车,一辆雪佛兰。”
"Where did you find it?"
“在哪儿弄的?”
"Do you remember Billy Black down at La Push?"
“你记不记得住在拉普什 的比利·布莱克?”
La Push is the tiny Indian reservation on the coast. "No."
拉普什是太平洋岸边的一个很小的印第安人保留区。"不记得了。”
"He used to go fishing with us during the summer," Charlie prompted.
“以前夏天他常常跟我们一块儿去钓鱼,”查理提示道。
That would explain why I didn't remember him.
难怪我不记得了。
I do a good job of blocking painful, unnecessary things from my memory.
不让痛苦、多余的东西进入我的记忆,是我的拿手好戏。
"He's in a wheelchair now," Charlie continued when I didn't respond,
“现在他坐轮椅了,”见我没反应,查理继续说道,
"so he can't drive anymore, and he offered to sell me his truck cheap."
“所以开不了车了,他主动提出来要便宜卖给我。”
"What year is it?" I could see from his change of expression that this was the question he was hoping I wouldn't ask.
“哪年的车?”从他脸上表情的变化,我看得出这是个他不希望我问的问题。

分享到
重点单词
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • scantyadj. 缺乏的,不够的
  • supplementn. 补充物,增刊 vt. 补充,增补
  • announced宣布的
  • trunkn. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱 (复
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • respondv. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应 n. [建]壁
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • permeableadj. 可渗透的
  • awkwardadj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的