有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第350期:第二十三章 天使(3)
日期:2014-08-07 10:08

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"Edward." I tried to tell him, but my voice was so heavy and slow. I couldn't understand myself.
“爱德华。”我试图告诉他,但我的声音是那么的沉重和迟缓。我甚至听不懂自己在说什么。
"Bella, you're going to be fine. Can you hear me, Bella? I love you."
“贝拉,你会好起来的。你能听到我说话吗,贝拉?我爱你!”
"Edward," I tried again. My voice was a little clearer.
“爱德华。”我又试了一次。我的声音清楚一点了。
"Yes, I'm here."
“是的,我在这儿。”
"It hurts," I whimpered.
“很痛。”我耳语着。
"I know, Bella, I know" — and then, away from me, anguished — "can't you do anything?"
“我知道,贝拉,我知道”——然后,他的声音离我而去,显得很痛苦——“你不能做点什么吗?”
"My bag, please… Hold your breath, Alice, it will help," Carlisle promised.
“请你去拿我的包……屏住呼吸,爱丽丝,这会很管用。”卡莱尔保证道
"Alice?" I groaned.
“爱丽丝?”我低吟着。
"She's here, she knew where to find you."
“她在这里。她知道上哪儿找你。”
"My hand hurts," I tried to tell him.
“我的手很痛。”我试图告诉他。
"I know, Bella. Carlisle will give you something, it will stop."
“我知道,贝拉。卡莱尔会给你注射一点东西,给你止痛。”
"My hand is burning!" I screamed, finally breaking through the last of the darkness, my eyes fluttering open. I couldn't see his face, something dark and warm was clouding my eyes. Why couldn't they see the fire and put it out?
“我的手在燃烧!”我尖叫着,最终挣脱了最后一点黑暗,我的眼睛颤抖着睁开了。我看不见他的脸,某些阴暗而温暖的东西遮蔽了我的视线。他们为什么能看着火焰,把它扑灭呢?
His voice was frightened. "Bella?"
他的声音听起来吓坏了。“贝拉?”
"The fire! Someone stop the fire!" I screamed as it burned me.
“火!快来人把火扑灭!”我尖叫着,火焰灼烧着我。
"Carlisle! Her hand!"
“卡莱尔!她的手!”
"He bit her." Carlisle's voice was no longer calm, it was appalled.
“他咬了她。”卡莱尔的声音不再平静,开始惶恐起来。
I heard Edward catch his breath in horror.
我听到爱德华恐惧地屏住了呼吸。

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

I whimpered.
我轻声说。
I am listening for a cry or a whimper from upstairs .
我留神听着楼上传来的哭声或呜咽声。
He could not possibly have endured a whipping without a whimper.
他不可能一声不吭地忍受鞭打。

Hold your breath
屏住呼吸
We held our breath in excitement.
我们激动地屏息凝神。

groaned
呻吟;抱怨;发嘎吱声;受重压
The girl groaned in pain.
那女孩在痛苦中呻吟。
He was heard to groan.
有人听见他在呻吟。

my eyes fluttering open
眨眨眼睛睁开了
There was a flutter of wings among the trees.
树林里响起一阵飞鸟的拍翅声。
He immediately fell into a great flutter.
他立刻变得心慌意乱。

catch his breath in horror
惊恐屏住呼吸
He caught his breath in surprise.
他惊奇得屏住了呼吸。
He had to sit up to catch his breath.
他不得不坐起来喘气。
The beauty of the scene made him catch his breath.
风景之美令他愕然止息。

stop the fire!
把火扑灭

分享到
重点单词
  • groan呻吟
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • fluttern. 摆动,鼓翼,烦扰 v. 摆动,鼓翼,烦扰
  • frightenedadj. 受惊的,受恐吓的