有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第353期:第二十四章 僵局(3)
日期:2014-08-28 18:06

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"Don't I taste as good as I smell?" I smiled in response. That hurt my face.
“我尝起来跟闻起来一样好吗?”我报以一笑。笑容扯痛了我的脸。
"Even better — better than I'd imagined."
“还要更好些——甚至比我想象过的还有好。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized.
“对不起。”我道歉道。
He raised his eyes to the ceiling. "Of all the things to apologize for."
他翻着眼睛,看着天花板。“在所有应该道歉的事情中。”
"What should I apologize for?"
“那我应该为什么而道歉?”
"For very nearly taking yourself away from me forever."
“为你差一点就让自己永远地离开我。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized again.
“对不起。”我再次道歉。
"I know why you did it." His voice was comforting. "It was still irrational, of course. You should have waited for me, you should have told me."
“我知道你为什么要这样做。”他的声音有着安抚的味道。“当然,这样做还是很不理智。你应该等着我的,你应该告诉我的。”
"You wouldn't have let me go."
“你不会让我走的。”
"No," he agreed in a grim tone, "I wouldn't."
“是的,”他用冷酷的语气赞同道。“我不会这样做的。”
Some very unpleasant memories were beginning to come back to me. I shuddered, and then winced.
某些很不愉快的回忆开始闯入我的脑海。我颤抖着,然后畏缩起来。
He was instantly anxious. "Bella, what's wrong?"
他立刻焦急起来。“贝拉,怎么了?”
"What happened to James?"
“詹姆斯怎么了?”
"After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce note of regret in his voice.
“在我把他从你身上拖开以后,艾美特和贾斯帕料理了他。”他的语气里有着一种尖锐的后悔。
This confused me. "I didn't see Emmett and Jasper there."
这话让我困惑起来。“我没看见艾美特和贾斯帕在那里。”
"They had to leave the room… there was a lot of blood."
“他们不得不离开那间屋子……到处都是血。”
"But you stayed."
“可你留下来了。”
"Yes, I stayed."
“是的,我留下来了。”
"And Alice, and Carlisle…" I said in wonder.
“还有爱丽丝和卡莱尔……”我惊奇地说道。
"They love you, too, you know."
“他们也爱你,你知道的。”
A flash of painful images from the last time I'd seen Alice reminded me of something. "Did Alice see the tape?" I asked anxiously.
痛苦的画面一闪而过,我最后一次看见爱丽丝时的情景提醒了我某件事。“爱丽丝看了那卷带子没?”我焦急地问道。

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

smiled in response
笑了笑作为回应
I had to smile in response, his grin was so impish.我不得不以笑容回应。
To the camera, the Tramp beams a warm smile in response to the amusement he has provided.流浪汉则是以对摄影机露出一个热情的笑容,来回应他所提供的这段馀兴节目。

apologize for
为 ... 而道歉
I must apologize for my discourtesy in arriving late.
我要为迟到失礼而道歉。
How else can I apologize for her?
我还能有别的方法可以向她道歉吗?

irrational
n.无理数
adj.无理性的;不合理的
But it would never occur to anyone to call their method planless and irrational.
但谁都不会想到称他们的方法是无计划无理性的。
Disregarding our zealous interest on the product, we discovered something which was considered irrational and unacceptable by us.
在产品上不理我们的热心的兴趣,我们发现被考虑被我们无理性的和不能接受的某物。

grim tone
冷酷的语气
Swimming is the best way to tone up your body.游泳是健体强身的最好方法。
I admire him for his grim courage.我佩服他的坚韧不拔的勇气。
His peremptory tone of voice irritated everybody.他那专横的口气激怒了大家。

pulled him off you
把他从你身上拖开

A flash of painful images
痛苦的画面一闪而过

分享到
重点单词
  • peremptoryadj. 专横的,不容反抗的,断然中止的
  • confusedadj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • unpleasantadj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • unacceptableadj. 不能接受的,不受欢迎的
  • irrationaln. 无理数 adj. 无理性的,不合理的
  • zealousadj. 热心的,狂热的,热衷的
  • grinv. 露齿而笑,(以咧嘴笑来)表示 n. 露齿笑,咧嘴笑
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装