有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第290期:第十七章 游戏(15)
日期:2014-03-21 18:23

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"And now?" His lips whispered against my jaw.

“那现在呢?”他的唇贴住我的下颌,耳语着。

"Trees," I gasped. "Motion sickness."

“树,”我喘息着说。“运动症。”

He lifted his face to kiss my eyelids. "Bella, you don't really think I would hit a tree, do you?"

他低下头,吻着我的眼睑。“贝拉,你不会真的认为我会撞到树上吧,对吗?”

"No, but I might." There was no confidence in my voice. He smelled an easy victory.

“不,但我也许会。”我的声音里毫无自信。他嗅到了胜利在望的味道。

He kissed slowly down my cheek, stopping just at the corner of my mouth.

他慢慢地,一路往下吻着我的脸颊,恰好停在了我的嘴角上。

"Would I let a tree hurt you?" His lips barely brushed against my trembling lower lip.

“我会让你撞到树上吗?”他的唇轻轻地刷过我微微颤抖着的下唇。

"No," I breathed. I knew there was a second part to my brilliant defense, but I couldn't quite call it back.

“不,”我喘息着说。我知道如果我要很好地反击的话,我还得补上一句。但我实在说不出来。

"You see," he said, his lips moving against mine. "There's nothing to be afraid of, is there?"

“你看”他说道,他的嘴唇从我的嘴唇上离开了。“没什么好害怕的,不是吗?”

"No," I sighed, giving up.

“是”我感叹,放弃争论。

Then he took my face in his hands almost roughly, and kissed me in earnest, his unyielding lips moving against mine.

然后,他几近粗暴地捧起我的脸,如痴如醉地吻着我,他坚硬的唇摩挲着我的唇。

There really was no excuse for my behavior. Obviously I knew better by now. And yet I couldn't seem to stop from reacting exactly as I had the first time. Instead of keeping safely motionless, my arms reached up to twine tightly around his neck, and I was suddenly welded to his stone figure. I sighed, and my lips parted.

我实在找不到借口为自己的行为解脱。显然事到如今我已经比上次更清楚这样做的后果了,但我还是情不自禁地像第一次那样做出反应。我没有安全地待在那里一动不动,而是伸出胳膊紧紧地缠住他的脖子,然后忽然贴上了他大理石般的五官。我喘息着,张开了唇。

He staggered back, breaking my grip effortlessly.

他摇摇晃晃地退开,毫不费力地挣脱了我的紧握。

"Damn it, Bella!" he broke off, gasping. "You'll be the death of me, I swear you will."

“该死,贝拉!”他挣脱出来,喘着气说道。“我发誓,我迟早会死在你手里的


《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

1. at the corner

在拐角处(外)

eg. Ah! yes, at the corner of a street; I can see the shop.

啊,对,在一条街的拐角上,我想起那铺子了。

eg. You turn left at the first intersection. Walk along that road, turn right at the corner.

沿着这条街一直走,在第一个十字路口左拐,再沿着那条路走,在拐角处右拐。

2. be afraid of

害怕

eg. But what was there to be afraid of?

但是到底有什么好害怕的?

eg. Do not be afraid of the loneliness of enlightenment.

不要害怕因造诣深而产生的孤独感。

3. in earnest

认真的;诚挚地;正经的

eg. While you work, you should work in earnest.

当你工作时,你应认真工作。

eg. If I were, this is the stage when I would prepare in earnest for them.

如果我有必要参加考试,我会在这个阶段认真准备考试。

分享到
重点单词
  • unyieldingadj. 不屈的;坚强的;不易弯曲的
  • motionlessadj. 不动的,静止的
  • defensen. 防卫,防卫物,辩护 vt. 防守
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • confidenceadj. 骗得信任的 n. 信任,信心,把握