有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第324期:第二十一章 电话(1)
日期:2014-06-11 14:57

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

I could feel it was too early again when I woke, and I knew I was getting the schedule of my days and nights slowly reversed.
当我醒来的时候,我发觉时间还太早。我知道自己正在慢慢地颠倒着昼夜的作息时间。
I lay in my bed and listened to the quiet voices of Alice and Jasper in the other room. That they were loud enough for me to hear at all was strange.
我躺在床上,听着爱丽丝和贾斯帕在另一间屋子里安静的说话声。他们的说话声居然大到我能听见的程度,这点很奇怪。
I rolled till my feet touched the floor and then staggered to the living room.
我翻滚着身子,直到自己的脚落到地板上,然后步履蹒跚地走到起居室里。
The clock on the TV said it was just after two in the morning. Alice and Jasper were sitting together on the sofa, Alice sketching again while Jasper looked over her shoulder.
电视机上的时钟显示着现在是凌晨两点。爱丽丝和贾斯帕一起坐在沙发上,爱丽丝又开始画速写了,而贾斯帕正越过她的肩膀看着。
They didn't look up when I entered, too engrossed in Alice's work.
当我进屋的时候,他们没有抬头,只是全神贯注地看着爱丽丝的作品。
I crept to Jasper's side to peek.
我挪动步子,走到贾斯帕身旁窥视着。
"Did she see something more?" I asked him quietly.
“她又看见了别的东西?”我安静地问他。
"Yes. Something's brought him back to the room with the VCR, but it's light now."
“是的。出于某种原因,他带着那盘录像带回到了那个房间,但那个房间现在亮起来了。”
I watched as Alice drew a square room with dark beams across its low ceiling. The walls were paneled in wood, a little too dark, out of date.
我看着爱丽丝画出一个方形的房间,暗色的横梁在低矮的天花板上交错着。墙上嵌着木板,嵌板的颜色有点发黑,样式很过时了。
The floor had a dark carpet with a pattern in it. There was a large window against the south wall, and an opening through the west wall led to the living room.
地板上铺着一块暗色调的地毯,上面只有一个图案。南面的墙上有一扇大大的窗,西面的墙被打通了,一直通向起居室。
One side of that entrance was stone — a large tan stone fireplace that was open to both rooms. The focus of the room from this perspective, the TV and VCR,
那个入口的一侧是石砌的——那是一个巨大的棕褐色的壁炉,同时通向两个房间。就这个视角而言,
balanced on a too-small wooden stand, were in the southwest corner of the room. An aged sectional sofa curved around in front of the TV, a round coffee table in front of it.
这个房间的焦点是摆在屋子西南角那张太小的木架子上的,那台电视和录像机。一套有些年头的组合沙发环绕在电视机前,一张圆咖啡桌摆在沙发组前。
"The phone goes there," I whispered, pointing.
“电话在这里。”我用指尖点着,低声说道。
Two pairs of eternal eyes stared at me.
两双永恒的眼睛盯着我。
"That's my mother's house."
“这是我妈妈的房子。”

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

the schedule of my days and nights
昼夜的作息时间

loud enough for me to hear
大到我能听见

I rolled.
我翻滚身子。
Love comes quick and passes away quick too. Only the pork roll will go on.
爱情来得快去得也快,只有猪肉卷才是永恒的。
The desk calculator use a roll of paper.
这台台式计算机使用卷纸。

sketching
速写;素描;草图;概述
He is working up a sketch into a picture.
他正在把一幅速写加工成一幅画。
He did a sketch of the ballet dancers.
他为这些芭蕾舞者画了一张素描。

engrossed in Alice's work
全神贯注地看着爱丽丝的作品
Engrossed in his book he forgot the time.
他全神贯注地看书忘记了时间。
She used to tell me that she thought I ought to expect some gratification from him for my company, for indeed he did, as it were, engross me.
她常对我说应该从他那里得到一些好处,做为我陪伴他的报酬,因为他的确好象独占了我。

out of date
样式很过时

wooden stand
木架子

分享到
重点单词
  • sketchn. 素描,草图,概述,梗概 v. 速写,草拟,(简略地
  • tann. 黝黑,棕褐色 v. 晒黑,鞣(革),使晒成棕褐色
  • ceilingn. 天花板,上限
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的
  • engrossedadj. 全神贯注的;专心致志的 v. 全神贯注(eng
  • balletn. 芭蕾舞
  • patternn. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型 v. 以图案装饰,仿造
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • eternaladj. 永久的,永恒的 n. 永恒的事
  • gratificationn. 满足,喜悦