有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第177期:第十一章 复杂(10)
日期:2013-10-10 10:31

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

I laughed. "I guess that's right. I suppose I slept just a little bit more than you did."

我大笑起来:“我猜想也是。我估计我只比你多睡了一点点。”

"I'd wager you did."

“我敢打赌你确实如此。”

"So what did you do last night?" I asked.

“那么,你昨晚做了什么?”我问道。

He chuckled. "Not a chance. It's my day to ask questions."

他轻笑起来:“你没机会了。今天可是我提问的日子。”

"Oh, that's right. What do you want to know?" My forehead creased. I couldn't imagine anything about me that could be in any way interesting to him.

“哦,没错。你想知道什么?”我的额头皱了起来。我想象不出自己有什么能引起他的兴趣。

"What's your favorite color?" he asked, his face grave.

“你最喜欢的颜色是?”他问道,表情很认真。

I rolled my eyes. "It changes from day to day."

我转了转眼睛:“每天都不一样。”

"What's your favorite color today?" He was still solemn.

“你今天最喜欢的颜色是?”他依然郑重其事地问道。

"Probably brown." I tended to dress according to my mood.

“大概是棕色。”我向来根据自己的心情来穿衣服。

He snorted, dropping his serious expression. "Brown?" he asked skeptically.

他哼了一声,终于丢下了一本正经的表情。“棕色?”他怀疑地问道。

"Sure. Brown is warm. I miss brown. Everything that's supposed to be brown — tree trunks, rocks, dirt — is all covered up with squashy green stuff here," I complained.

“没错。棕色很温暖。我想念棕色。所有应该是棕色的东西——树干,岩石,泥土——在这里都被软塌塌的绿色覆盖住了。”我抱怨道。

He seemed fascinated by my little rant. He considered for a moment, staring into my eyes.

他似乎对我激昂的演说很是着迷。他想了一会儿,然后看进了我的眼睛里。

"You're right," he decided, serious again. "Brown is warm." He reached over, swiftly, but somehow still hesitantly, to sweep my hair back behind my shoulder.

“你是对的。”他决断道,又严肃了起来。“棕色很温暖。”他敏捷地伸出手,但不知怎的,还是迟疑着,把我的头发拂回我的肩后。

We were at the school by now. He turned back to me as he pulled into a parking space.

就在这时,我们到学校了。当他把车开进一个停车位的时候,他回过头来看着我。

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解


1. not a chance 没有丝毫机会

2. forehead creased 额头皱了起来

3. It changes from day to day. 每天都不一样

4. be supposed to do 应该

分享到
重点单词
  • swiftlyadv. 迅速地,敏捷地
  • solemnadj. 庄严的,严肃的,隆重的
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • rantvi. 咆哮;痛骂;大声责骂 vt. 咆哮;痛骂 n.
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤