外贸口语一点通第246期:预约客户之安排约会
日期:2012-08-24 15:12

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Arrangement
安排约会
A: Hello. Wilson Industries. What can I do for you?
您好。威尔逊实业公司。我能为您做些什么?
B: This is Mike Webber of Webber Industries. I have something important to discuss with the Managing director. I'm calling to see if we can make an appointment tomorrow morning.
我是韦伯实业公司的迈克·韦伯。我有很重要的事情要和你们的总经理商量。我打电话来是想看能不能明天上午和他见个面。
A: Hold on, please. I'll check his agenda.
请稍等。我来查查他的议程表。
B: I'm afraid he won't be available tomorrow morning. So you might come over tomorrow afternoon.
恐怕明天早上他没有空。您可以明天下午过来。
A: What time is convenient for him?
他什么时间有空?
B: Between four and five, if that suits you.
如果您方便的话,请在四点到五点之间来。
A: OK. That suits me.
好的,我方便。
B: Good. See you then.
好,到时候见。
A: Thank you. See you.
谢谢。再见。

重点讲解

“suit” 作为动词在此处指“对某人方便,和某人的心意”。例如:

Will Thursday suit you?
星期四对你方便吗?

The seven o'clock train will suit us very well.
七点钟那一班火车对我们很合适。

Would it suit you to come at five?
你五点中来行吗?

此外“suit”还有“对某人/某事物合适或有利”。例如:

This climate doesn't suit me.
这种气候对我很不相宜。

Very spicy food doesn't suit my stomach.
太辣的东西我吃了胃不舒服。

分享到
重点单词
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • agendan. 议事日程
  • arrangementn. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲
  • convenientadj. 方便的,便利的
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演