外贸口语一点通第187期:贸易索赔之提出索赔
日期:2012-06-04 11:52

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Make a claim 提出索赔

A:Three boxes of your product didn't coincide with your sample last time.
上次你们的货物中有三箱品质规格与样品不符。
B:I've no idea of what is happening. There hasn't been such a thing with us. Maybe the factory sent the wrong boxes.
这是怎么回事,我们从来没发生过这样的事。也许是工厂方面搞错了。
A:Here is what differs from your sample.
这是与样品不符的东西。
B:I got it. I am contacting the factory right now.
我马上与厂方联系。
B:I am sorry and we are responsible for the mistake we will exchange all merchandises that fall short of our sample.
这次差错完全使我们的责任。非常抱歉。与样品不符合的货物全部无偿调换。
A:We will not get to the bottom since this is the first claim.
这次是第一次发生索赔,所以我们就不再深究了。
B:There won't be such things.
以后一定不会发生这类事了。

重点讲解

1. coincide with 与……符合

The problem is that the contours of a cultural community rarely coincide with a political entity.
问题是,一个文化群体的轮廓,很少与一个政治实体的边界相吻合。

It was timed to coincide with the president's annual state of the union address.
这次抗议活动的时间与总统一年一度的国情咨文讲话一致。

2. be responsible for 对……负责

Our client wanted to be responsible for testing the application.
我们的客户想要负责测试这个应用程序。

While it’s long, it’s a great summary of the debate about who should be responsible for social media in an organisational context.
信虽然很长,但的确是一个很好的总结,一个关于谁有责任在一个组织中充当媒介的思考。

3. fails short of 不符合……标准

4. get to the bottom of 弄清……的真相,深究,追究

However, questions about motivation have to be asked skillfully, or you won't get to the bottom of what really makes people go that extra miles.
但是,有关激励的问题必须有技巧地实现,否则你将不可能知道真正激励员工努力工作的根本原因。

The traditional view was that philosophers could help us get to the bottom of this puzzlement by exploring the sources of the conflict within our own minds.
一个传统的答案是,哲学可以提供对人性的洞见。 假设我们感到对上帝是否存在,客观的道德真理是否存在或者人类是否拥有自由意志感到疑惑,那么传统的看法是,哲学可以通过探索内心深处冲突的源头来帮助我们攥住问题的根本。

We will not get to the bottom 我们就不追究了。

分享到
重点单词
  • claimn. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物 vt. 要
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • coincidevi. 同时发生,符合,一致
  • contextn. 上下文,环境,背景
  • entityn. 存在,实体
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落
  • summaryn. 摘要 adj. 概要的,简略的
  • samplen. 样品,样本 vt. 采样,取样 adj. 样
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序