外贸口语一点通第217期:酒店入住之洗衣服务
日期:2012-07-17 14:03

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Laundry service
洗衣服务
A:What can I do for you, madam?
有什么可以为您效劳的吗?
B:Could you send someone up for my laundry, please? Room 504, Lee.
请问,你们能派人来收要洗的衣服吗?504房间,李。
A:Certainly, Mrs Lee. A valet will be up in a few minutes.
当然可以。洗烫工马上就到。
B:Good. I also have a silk dress which I don't think it is color-fast. Will the color run in the wash?
好的。我有一件丝质的裙子,不知道会不会褪色。洗衣的时候会掉色吗?
A:We'll dry-clean the dress. Then the color won't run.
我们会干洗这条裙子,不会掉色的。
B:Are you sure?
你能保证吗?
A:Yes, madam.
是的,夫人。
B:Good! And the lining of my husband's jacket has come unstitched. It might tear over further while washing.
那太好了。还有我先生的夹克衫衬里开线了,洗衣时可能会变大。
A:Don't worry, madam. We'll stitch it before washing.
不用担心,夫人。我们会在洗衣服前把衬里缝好。
B:That's fine. Now, when can I have my laundry back?
很好。那我何时能取回洗好的衣服呢?
A:Usually it takes about two days to have laundry done. But would you like express service or same-day?
通常两天就能为您洗好,不过,您是要快洗还是当日取。
B:What is the difference in price?
价钱上有什么区别吗?
A:We charge 50% more for express, but it only takes 5 hours.
快洗加收50%,只需要5个小时。
B:And for same-day, will I get the dress and skirt back this evening?
如果当日取,我可以在今晚前取回我的衣服和裙子吗?
A:Yes, madam. All deliveries will be made before six o'clock.
可以,夫人。所有的衣服将会在6点之前洗完。
B:I'll have express then.
那我要快洗。

重点讲解
run”在这里指“褪色,掉色”。

eg. You can tell whether the color will run by wetting a piece of it in hot water.
将一小部分颜料用热水浸一下就可以知道它是否会褪色。

eg. Will the colors run if the jeans are washed?
这条牛仔裤洗了以后会不会褪色啊?

eg. If one idles away his time, youth will fade away and life will run out him.
谁虚度年华,青春就要褪色,生命就会抛弃他。

分享到
重点单词
  • stitchn. 一针,疼痛,碎布条 v. 缝合
  • laundryn. 洗衣店,要洗的衣服,洗衣
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下