(单词翻译:单击)
Technology import 技术引进
A: We'd like to buy your company's know-how. 我们想购买你们公司的专有技术。
B: Buying the know-how is better than the right to use the patent. 购买专有的技术要比购买专利合作权要好。
A: Why? 为什么?
B: Because the know-how tells all the details of how to manufacture the machines, and buying the know-how will be capable of contributing to advancement of our scientific and technical level. 因为专有技术非常详尽的说明了如何制造机器,并且购买专有技术将有助于提高我们的科技水平。
A: Then how much will you ask for? 那你们要价多少?
B: Triple the price for the patent. 是专利价格的3倍。
A: That's too high a price! 这个价格太高了!
B: Oh, just the opposite, buying the know-how will be much cheaper than making the machine with our patent. 哦,恰恰相反,它比我们的专利制造机器要便宜得多。
A: I'm afraid your price is higher than I expected. Is it possible for you to reduce it? 恐怕你们的价格比我们预想的要高一些。你们能不能降一点?
B: I think the price is reasonable. 我认为这个价格是合理的。
A: If that's the case, there is hardly any need for further discussion. We might as well call the whole deal off. 如果真是这样,那就没有必要再谈下去了。整个交易就此告吹。
B: Well, for friendship's sake, we can consider reducing the price further by 5 percent. 好吧,为了友谊,我们考虑消减5%。
A: A cut of 10 percent would be more realistic. 降10%更现实。
B: I think it is unwise for either of us to insist on our own price. 我认为我们双方都坚持自己的价格是不明智的。
A: What's your proposal? 你有什么高见?
B: We meet each other halfway in order to narrow the gap. 我们各让一半以便缩小差距。
A: Right, you have a way of persuading me to agree to your terms. 好吧,你可真有办法说服我接受你的条件。