外贸口语一点通第222期:寒暄介绍之介绍同事
日期:2012-07-24 14:47

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Introduce a Colleague
介绍同事
A:John, hello, good to see you again.
您好,约翰,很高兴再次见到您。
B:Hello, Peter. How's business.
您好,彼得,生意怎么样?
A:Oh, can't complain.
哦,还不错。
B:And the family?
家庭怎么样?
A:Fine, thanks.
很好,谢谢。
B:Good. Peter, I'd like to introduce a colleague, Tony Richardson. Tony's just joined us from E. A. U. and he is looking after you from now on. He'll be your day-to-day contact.
好的,彼得,我来介绍一位同事给你,托尼·理查德。托尼刚刚从E. A. U来到我们公司工作,从现在起,他将为您服务。他是您的日常联系人。
C:Hello, Mr. Davis.
您好,戴维斯先生。
A:Peter, please. "Mr. Davis" makes me sound ancient.
请叫我彼得吧,“戴维斯先生”听起来老气横秋的。
C:Fine, Peter. And I'm Tony. I look forward to working with you, Peter.
好的,彼得,我叫托尼。我盼望和您一起工作。
B:I want you to take good care of him, Tony. He is one of our best customers.
托尼,我想让您好好关照他。他是我们最好的客户之一。
C:I'll do my best.
我会尽力的。
A:I'm sure you will, Tony.
托尼,我想您会的。
C:Well, to start the ball rolling, how about lunch? I thought we might go to Cymon's, Peter.
那么,作为开始,我们先一起吃午饭怎样?彼得,我们去希曼饭店好吗?
A:You know all my favorite restaurants, John.
约翰,您知道我最喜爱的饭店。
B:And so does Tony. I've given him a list!
托尼也知道,我给他开了一个单子。
A:Good man. Right, let's go. I've got a few things to discuss with you, but we can talk while we eat.
好的,老兄,我们一起去。我有一些事情要与您商量,不过吃饭时可以谈。

重点讲解
1. “look after”意思是“照顾,关心

eg. The duty of the local authority is to look after the interests of the local people.
地方当局的职责是照管当地人民的利益。

eg. My job is to look after these patients.
我的工作就是照顾好这些病人。

2. “start the ball rolling”意思是“正式开始”。

eg. He started the ball rolling at the party by telling a new joke.
在聚会上,他说了个新笑话使大家开始谈起来。

eg. It just needs such a thing to start the ball rolling, and it will open the way for many changes.
只需要有这样一件事情来启动,就会打开带来许多改变的道路。

分享到
重点单词
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局
  • colleaguen. 同事
  • complainvi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉