(单词翻译:单击)
正文部分
Something about the booth
询问展位
A: Excuse me, sir! Could you tell me where the service desk is located?
先生,您好!请问服务台在哪里?
B: It is just right over there.
就在这里。
A: Hello! I'm jack from France. Do you know where I can find my booth?
你好,我是来自法国的杰克,请问我的展位在哪里?
C: Let me see. You're in booth number 222. Here's a map of the exhibition hall, and here we are at the service desk.
嗯,让我看看。您的展位是222号,这是会场布置图,请看,这是我们现在的位置——服务台。
A: Okay, and where exactly is our booth? Oh, there it is. Thanks for your help. Pardon me, sir. Our goods were sent from Beijing more than ten days ago, and they're not in our booth!
好的,那我的展位究竟在哪里呢?哦,找到了,谢谢!对不起,先生,我们的参展品十多天就从北京寄来,可是怎么还没有摆到展位上?
C: Ah, hold on, let me check our records. Oh yes, your goods arrived late yesterday evening, so we haven't had the time to bring your goods to your booth.
哦,您等会儿,我查一下资料,有了,你们的货昨天晚上很晚才到,所以我们还来不及搬到您的展位上。
A: When can I expect them? I really need to set up before the exhibition!
什么时候能够搬过来?我一定得在展览开始前布置好!
C: You don't have to worry; I promise you'll have your goods before 2pm.
别着急,我保证您的货会在下午2点前送过去。
A: En, that makes me feel better. Do you mind if I could check on my goods now?
嗯,这样我就放心多了。我现在能不能看一看那些货呢?
C: Of course.
当然可以。
A: Thank you. I just want to be sure that everything is here and in working condition.
谢谢,我只是想确定一下每样东西在这里,没有故障。
C: It's no trouble at all.
别客气,一点也不麻烦。
重点讲解
1. not at all 一点也不;别客气
not important at all 不重要
not fit at all 一点也不健康
not healthy at all 一点也不健康
not resolved at all 完全没有解决
not tired at all 一点也不累
Not trouble at all 一点也不麻烦
not significance at all 完全不重要
not meet at all 完全不符合
2. do you mind if... 您介意吗……
Do you mind if I come along too and see how you get on?
要是我也跟你一起去看看你怎么办,你不介意吧?
Do you mind if I change seats?
如果我换座位, 你介意吗?
Do you mind if I make a suggestion?
如果我给你一项建议你会介意吗?
3. pardon me 原谅我,对不起;请再说一遍
Pardon me while I laugh hysterically at this thought.
请原谅我歇斯底里地嘲笑这种想法。
Pardon me , could you tell me what you do for a living ?
你能告诉我你是什么工作吗? 你能告诉我你的名字吗?
Don't say “Pardon me.”Say “I beg your pardon.”The first is a command; the second, a request.
不要说“原谅我”,改说“我请求您的原谅”。前者是命令,后者是请求。