(单词翻译:单击)
正文部分
Have you found the cause of the breakage?
你们找到了破损的原因吗?
It is obvious that it was due to careless packing.
很明显包装太马虎了。
Not yet, we'll let you know when we find out the reason.
还没,我们查明后会通知贵方。
Would you agree to a replacement?
你方是否同意换货?
If there are no other choices, I'd have to.
如果没有别的办法,我只好同意。
Yes, but you must make the replacement quickly.
是的,但换货必须尽快进行。
No, we'd rather you to sell these goods at a discount.
不,我们希望你方降价销售这些商品给我方。
Don't you agree?
您难道不同意吗?
What you say is partly true.
你听说的有一部分是对的。
I am for your idea.
我赞成你的主意。
What was the percentage of breakages and leaking?
破损及渗漏的百分比是多少?
About 25% were broken and 20% were leaking.
大约25%破损,20%渗漏。
There is no leaking, but 30% were broken.
没有渗漏的货物,但30%的货物破损。
What will happen if the importer finds the shortage of commodities?
进口商发现货物短缺怎么办?
They can ask for compensation.
他们都可以要求赔偿。
They can ask for refund.
他们可以要求退款。
重点讲解
1. ask for 要求
ask for compensation/refund 要求赔偿/退款
I ask for your trust as you used to trust my brother.
我请求你们像过去信任我的兄长一样信任我。
I didn't ask for the chairmanship. I was pitched into it.
我并不要求主席职位,我是被迫接受的。
2. due to adv. 由于;应归于
This could be due to a tradition of an American respect for human dignity, which I immediately imbibed.
这可能是由于美国有尊重人的尊严的传统,而我立即吸收了这种理念。
I only regret that, due to prior commitments, I cannot be with you in person.
我唯一遗憾的是,由于已有约定在先,我不能分身与会。
But that’s passive relaxation and due to the constant barrage of stimuli it’s not relaxation at all.
但那只是一种被动的放松,而且因为不断的,密集的感官刺激,这完全就不是放松。
3. at a discount 打折扣;不受欢迎,没销路
Energy drinks give you less energy if you buy them at a discount.
你打折买来的能量饮料,为你提供的能量会变少。
Even well-run conglomerates sell at a discount to break-up value.
即使是那些经营良好的企业集团,也以拆卖价值折价出售。
4. for 赞成
We balloted for the candidate.
我们对该候选人投赞成票。
I have voted for every free trade agreement put in front of me.
对于摆在我面前的每一项自由贸易协议,我都投了赞成票。