外贸口语一点通第212期:酒店入住之取消预订
日期:2012-07-10 14:59

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Cancel a reservation

取消预订

A:Room reservations. May I help you?
订房服务,有什么可以帮忙的吗?
B:Yes. I'd like to cancel a reservation, because the travel schedule has been changed.
由于旅行行程的改变我想取消预订的房间。
A:That's OK. Could you tell me in whose name was the reservation made?
好的,请告诉我预订者的姓名。
B:White.
怀特。
A:Can you spell it?
您能拼写一下吗?
B:Yes. W-H-I-T-E.
好的。W-H-I-T-E。
A:And what was the date of the reservation?
您预订的时间?
B:From October 18th for 4 nights.
从10月18日开始,4个晚上。
A:Excuse me, but is the reservation for yourself or for another party?
麻烦问一下,预订者是您本人还是其他人呢?
B:It's for my boss.
是我的老板。
A:Well, may I have your name and phone number, please?
好的,可以留下您的姓名和电话号码吗?
B:Yes, it's Ellen Smith, and my number is (0211) 232-3982.
好的,艾伦·史密斯,电话是(0211) 232-3982。
A:Thank you, ma'am. I will cancel Mr. White's reservation from October 18th for 4 nights. My name is Liu Lin and we look forward to another chance to serve you.
谢谢您,女士。我将帮您取消怀特先生从10月18日开始4个晚上的预订。我的名字是刘琳,希望今后有机会再次为您服务。
B:Thank you the same, Miss Liu.
也谢谢你,刘小姐。
A: It's my pleasure. Goodbye.
不客气,再见。

重点讲解
1. “in the name of”意思有三种:“以……的名义”,“代表”,“(登记时)使用……的名字”

in the name of law 以法律的名义

eg. Let me thank you in the name of us all.
让我代表大家感谢你们。

eg. The gun was registered in my name.
这支枪登记时使用的是我的名字。

2.look forward 期待;盼望

eg. Running is now that part of the day that I am looking forward to like some people look forward to a huge piece of chocolate cake in the evening.
而现在,跑步对我而言不再是一种折磨,而是一天中我最期待的部分,就像一些人最期待晚上的时候来上一大块巧克力蛋糕一样。

3.It's my pleasure. 不客气。

My pleasure. 我很荣幸;别客气;非常高兴为您服务

eg. Do you share my pleasure and joy?
你感受到我的愉快和喜悦了吗?

eg. This adds to my pleasure.
这使我更加高兴。

分享到