(单词翻译:单击)
正文部分
Take orders 点菜
A:Good afternoon, sir. May I show you our lunch menu?
下午好,先生。请看午餐菜单。
B:Thanks.
谢谢。
A:Please take your time... May I take your order now?
您慢慢看。……现在您要点菜吗?
B:OK. I'll have a mixed Salad and a Sirloin Steak. Which vegetables come with the steak?
对。我要一份什锦沙拉和牛腰肉排。有什么蔬菜可以就着牛排吃吗?
A:French fried potatoes, carrots and peas.
有炸薯条、胡萝卜和豌豆。
B:That'll be fine.
太好了。
A:Would you like something to drink?
要不要来点什么喝的?
B:Yes, I'll have some beer with coffee to follow.
好的。来点就和咖啡吧。
A:How would you like your steak?
您希望牛排怎么做?
B:I'll have it medium rare, please.
我来个半熟的吧。
A:Which kind of salad dressing would you prefer, French, Thousand Island or Oil and Vinegar?
您要什么样的沙拉酱,法国的,千岛的,还是油和醋?
B:Do you have any Blue Cheese dressing?
我明白了。那就要它吧。
A:I'm afraid not, but I would recommend the French dressing.
恐怕没有。但是我可以向您推荐法国酱。
B:I see. I'll take it.
我明白了。那就要它吧。
A:Would you like your coffee now or later?
您是现在要咖啡还是等一会儿呢?
B:Later, please.
等会再上吧。
A:A medium-rare Sirloin Steak, a mixed Salad, a glass of beer and a cup of coffee. Will there be anything else?
一份半熟牛排和什锦沙拉,一杯啤酒,一杯咖啡。还要点别的吗?
B:No, that's all. Thank you.
不了,就这么多吧。谢谢。
A:Thank you, sir. Your order will be ready soon.
谢谢您,先生。您点的菜很快就会上来。
重点讲解
1. “Blue Cheese”是指蓝纹干酪,一种用牛乳制成的半松软干酪,味道独特。
2.take your time 别着急;从容做
eg. Take your time with each resume, as it is the first impression you make on the hiring manager.
花时间去打造每一封简历,因为它将决定招聘经理对你的第一印象。
eg. Take your time; make a realistic resolution, one that you have considered and you believe can be accomplished.
花些时间,制定一个现实的计划,一个你经过思考、并相信可以达成的决定。
3.medium rare 四分熟;适中
eg. I want my steak medium rare, please.
我要半生的牛排,麻烦你。
eg. How would you like the your steak? Rare, medium rare or well-done?
您希望您的牛排怎么做?嫩点,适中,还是全熟?