外贸口语一点通第229期:商业宴请之安排就座
日期:2012-08-02 11:16

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Seat the Guest
安排就座
A: Good evening. Welcome to our restaurant.
晚上好,欢迎光临。
B: Good evening. We want a dinning room with two tables, each table for eight.
晚上好,要一间有两张桌子,每张桌子可坐下8个人的包间。
A: I'm sorry, Sir. The rooms are not available now. But would you like to have your dinner in the dinning hall? I can find two tables by the window for you.
对不起,先生。包间都满了。你们愿意在大厅里用餐吗?我可以为你们安排两张靠窗的桌子。
B: No, thanks. We have made a reservation.
谢谢,不用了。但事前我们已经预定了座位。
A: Let me check the reservation list. Can I have your name, please?
让我查一查,请问您叫什么名字?
B: My name is Liu Jiang. I'm from China International Travel Service.
我叫刘江,是中国国际旅行社的。
A: Yes, a reservation through China International Travel Service. That's Rose Dinning Room. I'll ask a waitress to show you the way.
是的,有中国国际旅行社的预定,是玫瑰包间,我让服务员带你们去。
B: Thanks.
谢谢。
C: Is this the dinning room?
就是这个包间吗?
B: Yes, please come in.
是的,请进。
C: After you.
您先请。
B: After you.
您先请。
(All guests are in the room now.)
所有的客人都进了包间。
B: Ladies and gentlemen, here we are in the Rose Dinning Room. This is the coat rack, you can leave your coats here. This is the TV set and you can sing karaoke after you enjoy your dinner.
女士们,先生们,这就是玫瑰包间。这是大衣架,可以把衣服挂在这里。这是电视机,你们饭店可以唱卡拉OK。
D: That's great!
太棒了!
B: Now, please be seated. Each table for 8 persons.
现在,请大家就座。每张桌子8个人。
E: Excuse me, Mr. Liu, can I have a high chair for my son? He is too short. The chair is too low for him.
对不起,刘先生,我可以为我的儿子要一把高椅子吗?他个头儿太小,这把椅子对他来说太低了。
(After a few minutes, the waitress comes in with a high chair.)
(几分钟之后,服务员拿了一把高椅子进来。)
F: Is this chair all right?
这把椅子行吗?
E: Yes. It's good and comfortable. Thank you very much.
可以,不错,很舒服。太感谢你了。
F: You are welcome.
不用客气。

重点讲解
1. show... the way 给……指路,也可以说“direct the way”或者“give the direction”

eg. You who have gone before them can help show the way by your example.
你们已经走到他们面前,以自己作为例子显示出了这个方式。

eg. God sent His Son to become like us so He could show the way and save us.
神差派他的儿子,成为我们的样式,以便能给我们指路并拯救我们。


2. be seated 坐下;坐落于

eg. Weather permitting, ask to be seated on the terrace outside.
那天天气很好,所以我提出坐到外面的露台上。

eg. If you find a waiter you like, always ask to be seated in his or her section.
如果你找到一个你喜欢的服务员,总是会主动要求坐在他或她服务的区域。

分享到
重点单词
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • terracen. 平台,阳台,梯田 vt. 使成梯田,给 ... 建
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的