外贸口语一点通第214期:酒店入住之客人入住
日期:2012-07-12 15:07

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Show a guest to the room
客人入住
A:Your room is facing the sea. It's very beautiful. I hope you will like it.
您的房间正好面对大海,非常美丽。我希望您会喜欢。
B:Yes. I will. The room looks very nice.
是的,非常喜欢。这个房间看上去很不错。
A:Mr. White, here is the light switch, the wardrobe, and the mini-bar.
怀特先生,这是灯具开关、衣柜和小冰柜。
B:Wonderful!
太棒了!
A:Here is the master switch. This is the temperature control. You may adjust it as you like. And the panel on the nightstand controls the different devices in the room. By the way, there're two sockets in the
bathroom, for 110V and 220V respectively, the voltage here is much lighter than that in the U.S.A..
这是总开关。这是温度控制器。您可以按照您的喜好进行调整。控制板控制着房间里的各种电器装置。另外说一下,浴室里有两个插座,一个110伏的,另一个220伏的。这里的电压比美国的高。
B:Oh, I can use my electric shaver. And I feel like taking a bath to fresh up after the international flight. And how can I make an outside call?
噢,我能用电动剃须刀了。经过跨洋飞行以后,我很想洗个澡来恢复一下精神。如果有事情打电话到外边,我该怎么拨号呢?
A:If you want to make an outside call, please dial "0" first. There is a telephone directory on the writing desk. You may read it.
如果你想打出去,要先拨“0”号键。写字台上有一个电话簿,可供您参考。
B:What about the TV?
那电视呢?
A:This is the remote control. There are sixteen channels including three English programs and a French program. Here is a program list. Well, is there anything I can do before I leave the room?
这是遥控器。一共有16个频道,包括三个英语频道和一个法语频道。这是节目单。在我离开之前您还有什么需要帮忙的吗?
B:You've made us feel very welcome. By the way, is the tap water drinkable?
你使我有宾至如归的感觉。顺便问一句,这儿的自来水能喝吗?
A:Oh, Mr. White, please don't drink the tap water unless it is boiled. And there are two bottles of drinking water in the bathroom, free of charge. If you need anything else, please dial 8. We're always at your service.
怀特先生,请不要喝自来水除非水是烧开的。浴室有两瓶饮用水,都是免费的。如果您有什么事,请拨“8”号键。我们随时会为您服务。
B:Thank you very much.
谢谢。
A:You're always welcome. I hope you will enjoy your stay with us.
有事情随时叫我。预祝您在我们这里度过愉快的时光。

重点讲解

1.face在该对话中用作动词,意思是“朝向,面向

eg. His office faces the garden.
他的办公室面对着花园。

2.at one's service意思是“听……吩咐,随时准备为……效劳

eg. If you need any help, I and my car are at your service.
如果您需要什么帮助的话,我和我的车随时为您效劳。

3.free of charge 免费

eg. The department store delivers free of charge.
这家百货商店免费送货。

eg. The conversation is encrypted and, while in the network, free of charge.
谈话内容经过加密处理,而且在网内是免费的。

分享到
重点单词
  • switchn. 开关,转换,鞭子 v. 转换,改变,交换,鞭打
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • temperaturen. 温度,气温,体温,发烧
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • wardroben. 衣柜,衣橱 n. 全部服装
  • remoteadj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大 n
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆