外贸英语一点通第63期:磋商价格(3)
日期:2011-10-12 15:32

(单词翻译:单击)

Discount折扣

A:Even with volume sales, our costs for the Exec Uciser won't go down much.
即使是大量销售,我们的“健身乐”生产成本仍无法降低太多。

B:Just what are you proposing?
那么你的建议是?

A:We could take a cut on the price. But 25% would reduce much our profit margin. We suggest acompromise10%.
敝公司可以降价但是七五折会过度削低我们的毛利率。我们建议打九折。

B:That's a big change from 25%! 10% isbeyondmynegotiatinglimit. (pause) Any other ideas?
那根七五折相差太多了!九折实在超出我们的谈判限度。(停顿)有其他方案吗?

A:I don't think I can change it right now. Why don't we talk again tomorrow?
我现在没办法更改方案。 这样吧,我们何不明天再谈?

B:Sure, I have to talk to my office anyway. I hope we can find somecommon groundon this.
可以。反正我也得和公司讨论一下。希望我们能够达成共识。

(next day) 次日

B:Robert, I have been instructed to reject the numcers you proposed; but we can try to come up with something else.
罗伯特,奉公司指示,我得拒绝你们的折扣,但我们还可以找出其他可行的办法。

A:I hope so, Dana. My instructions are to negotiate hard on this deal, but I'm trying very hard to reach some middle ground.
希望如此,丹。上面指示我们要强硬地谈这笔生意,但我一直想达成折中的方案。

B:I understand. We propose astructureddeal. For the first six months, we get a discount of 20%, and the next six months we get 15%.
我了解。那么我们提议阶段式交易。前半年先给我们打八折,后半年则打八五折。

A:Dana, I can't bring those numbers back to my office, they'll turn it down flat.
丹,我没办法向公司报告这样的数字,他们一定会断然拒绝。

B:Then you'll have to think of something better, Robert.
罗伯特,那你就得想出更好的方案了。

重点解释:

discountn.折扣;打折扣
We give a special discount of 10 per cent for cash.
如用现金购买,我们给予九折优待。
compromisen.妥协方案;折衷办法
The interior decoration of the house is a compromise between Chinese and foreign styles.
这所房子的内部装饰是中西两式的折衷物。
negotiatevi.谈判
common ground 共同点
Bob and Frank don't like each other because they have no common ground.
鲍勃跟弗兰克互不喜欢对方,他俩毫无共同之处。

分享到
重点单词
  • compromisen. 妥协,折衷,折衷案 vt. 妥协处理,危害 vi.
  • marginn. 差额,利润,页边空白,边缘 vt. 使围绕于,加边
  • decorationn. 装饰,装饰品
  • discountn. 折扣,贴现率 vt. 打折扣,贴现,不重视,不全信
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • frankadj. 坦白的,直率的,真诚的 vt. 免费邮寄,使自