(单词翻译:单击)
正文部分
Room service
客房服务
(A=Housemaid B=Female Guest C=Male Guest)
(A=客房服务员 B=女客人 C=男客人)
A: Good morning, madam and sir. May I do the turn down service for you now?
晚上好,夫人,先生。我现在可以为您收拾房间了吗?
B: Oh, thank you. But you see, we are having some friends over. We're going to have a small party here in the room. Could you come back in three hours?
噢,谢谢,但是你看我们邀请了一些朋友过来聚一聚。一会儿还要在房间里开个小派对,你三个小时以后再过来整理好吗?
A: Certainly, madam. I'll let the overnight staff know. They will come then.
当然可以,夫人。我会转告夜班服务员三个小时以后过来。
B: That's fine. Well, our friends seem to be a little late. Would you tidy up a bit in the bathroom? I've just taken a bath and it is quite a mess now. Besides, please bring us a bottle of just boiled water. We'd treat our guests to typical Chinese tea.
很好,我的朋友估计要迟到一会儿,你可以帮我整理一下浴室吗?我刚刚洗完澡,弄的一团糟。另外再帮我们拿一壶刚烧开的热水,我们要为客人泡正宗的中国茶。
A: Yes, madam. I'll bring in some fresh towels together with the drinking water.
好的,太太。我会把新毛巾和热水一块儿拿来。
B: OK.
好的。
A: (Having done all on requests) It's growing dark. Would you like me to draw the curtains for you, sir and madam?
(按客人要求做完后)天黑下来了,要不要我帮你们把窗帘拉走,先生,太太?
C: Why not? That would be so cozy.
为什么不呢?这样更惬意。
A: May I turn on the lights for you?
要我为您打开灯吗?
C: Yes, please. I'd like to do some reading.
好的,请打开吧。我想看会儿书。
A: Yes, sir. Is there anything I can do for you?
好的,先生。您还有什么吩咐吗?
C: No more. You're a smart girl indeed. Thank you very much.
没有了,你真是个聪明的女孩儿,非常感谢。
A: I'am always at your service. Goodbye, sir and madam, and do have a very pleasant evening.
乐意为您效劳。再见,先生,太太。希望你们度过一个愉快的夜晚。
重点讲解
1. “do the turn down service”在此意为“整理房间”。
2. turn down vt.
(1) 关小,调低
eg. Could you turn the radio down a bit?
你能把收音机的音量调一些吗?
(2) 拒绝
eg. Their claim had been turned down.
他们的要求遭到拒绝。
3. at your service 听候吩咐;乐意效劳
eg. We are ready to be at your service and await your order.
感谢有这个荣幸为您服务,并静待您的订单。
eg. If you need advice, I am at your service.
你要是需要参考意见,我随时可以帮你点儿忙。